Most Efficient Way to Load Database Info?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Trickerie, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Trickerie macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2010
    Ok, so I'm wondering what the best/most efficient way is to load a database of info. For example, lets say I have a precompiled database of 100 movies. When the user touches the name of a movie, I want to load the information for it. Any advice for a newbie would be great :) Thanks!
  2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

Nov 19, 2007
    Georgia, USA
    If you're starting from scratch, Core Data is the way to go.
  3. adrian.oconnor macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2008
    Nottingham, England
    I agree, CoreData is great and very easy, but I'd be tempted to go for the alternative: raw/pure sqlite. The advantage of sqlite is that it's a bit easier to create your pre-populated database and include it in your app as a resource. You can probably pre-populate a CoreData database too (it's also just sqlite, after all), but I haven't done it myself (whereas I have with pure sqlite).

There are also plenty of sqlite examples to get your on your way, but they're mostly old-school C (rather than Obj-C).
  4. Trickerie thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2010
    Im brand new to iPhone development, so I have no experience using coredata db's, any advice on a resource that could point me in the direction of building a db of the info I'll need to import?

Edit: I'm figuring I need around 100-150 max objects, each with attributes (name, date, etc). Is it possible to make a plist instead since thats relatively small? From what I'm reading, prefilling data into a program is a headache?