Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2002
What do you think is the most outlandish rumor for 2002?

Personally,. I'm voting for the iWalk.

bobindashadows

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2002
Re: Most outlandish rumor for 2002?

Originally posted by crazy_will

what about the G4 tower with 12 sides? i mean if you think about it, the iWalk wasn't outlandish... it was just the biggest fake of the year... if not the history of apple (that i can remember). I'd say the G4 with 12 sides... i forget, is it dectagonal? no.... anyway. Mac OS X on x86 is real, but being sold on dells is a little far fetched. not completely out of the picture if marklar goes public at all, i'd say os x on dells for a manufacturer isn't all that odd, unless Apple plans to manufacture x86 products as well (unlikely)

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2002
Jeez, I guess I missed the G4 Dodecahedron. Anyone got a link, or should I go find it myself?

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: Most outlandish rumor for 2002?

Originally posted by crazy_will

that, a pda of some sort, or a cell phone

but all are good ideas but apple is limited on what they can put out...they are simply not as big or rich as sony

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
iWalk

Wasnt the iWalk rumor pre-MWSF 2002? That would make it a 2001 rumor.

I would have to say the most outlandish rumor would have to have been the OSX on PC's rumor, or the x86 powered Mac.

Both of which I wholehartedly support, however. Having either happen would be great, but definitely outlandish.

Chomolungma

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2002
Santa Fe, NM
AMD

Apple to use AMD processor. Gee, I hope I won't have to eat my word on this one:D

BTW we can start a thread about "which rumor will come true first", and taking bets wouldn't be a bad idea. (?)

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2002
Re: iWalk

Originally posted by agreenster
Wasnt the iWalk rumor pre-MWSF 2002? That would make it a 2001 rumor..

Oh well, make that a PDA in general.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.