Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twilight Elk

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Arizona
How do those Incase sleeves work on the new 13" MacBooks? I was told they don't fit tightly because of the thinness.

J. Dangerously

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Incase Neoprene Sleeves

How do those Incase sleeves work on the new 13" MacBooks? I was told they don't fit tightly because of the thinness.
I bought one myself the day I got my new MacBook, because I had ordered an Incase Nylon Plus that hadn't arrived yet.

The Neoprene Sleeve fits, but fits like a sweatshirt rather than a turtleneck, if you know what I mean. Yeah, it's loose, but not my much at all. If you put the notebook into the case and lay it down, then run your hand along the top, the case moves a little. That's only about as loose as it is. I don't mind; I'd rather it be a little loose more than tight because (A) I'd rather not have to constantly stretch it to get it over the notebook, and (B) I think being tighter would make the zipper material more likely to rub up against (and scratch) the notebook.

Incases are always highly recommended by me, and this one is no exception. By the way, I love my Nylon Plus even more! Hope all that helped.

"Johnny Dangerously"

Twilight Elk

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Arizona
I bought one myself the day I got my new MacBook, because I had ordered an Incase Nylon Plus that hadn't arrived yet.

The Neoprene Sleeve fits, but fits like a sweatshirt rather than a turtleneck, if you know what I mean. Yeah, it's loose, but not my much at all. If you put the notebook into the case and lay it down, then run your hand along the top, the case moves a little. That's only about as loose as it is. I don't mind; I'd rather it be a little loose more than tight because (A) I'd rather not have to constantly stretch it to get it over the notebook, and (B) I think being tighter would make the zipper material more likely to rub up against (and scratch) the notebook.

Incases are always highly recommended by me, and this one is no exception. By the way, I love my Nylon Plus even more! Hope all that helped.

"Johnny Dangerously"

Thanks for the advice, especially coming from a fellow Arizonan :D

Applesacs look cool, but I think it ruins the minimalism of the MacBook (plus, I don't think it will fit in my backpack).

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
I really like the Tucano sleeves. They have wide appeal in Europe, and I ordered one off Amazon for mine. Great sleeve.

Gene Parmesan

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
I really like the Tucano sleeves. They have wide appeal in Europe, and I ordered one off Amazon for mine. Great sleeve.

Just picked up a Tucano and I like it so far.
It's a little loose, but I like the fact that it "tucks" and covers the MacBook before you zip it.

LCFC

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
I actually think this one is better - 'Larobe'. Its got overall BETTER reviews than the Incase sleeve and its actually shipping in 24 hours unlike the Incase where it says 1-2 weeks :D

Anyone got/had one of these and could give their opinions?

ManuelGnR

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008
Netherlands
I'm waiting for mine to arrive but this site has a nice selection of different fabrics including some linen, corduroy, and tweed for the new aluminum macbooks.

http://wrappers.typepad.com/

I've been there before! I really love this one's:
http://wrappers.typepad.com/ipod/apple_macbook_corduroy_covers/

IMO it's way more beautiful than all the others I've seen so far...

:)

EDIT: You can also let your initials be made on it! How awesome! If I'm gonna buy a MB, I'll buy this one too:rolleyes::D

TheHoff

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
I've been there before! I really love this one's:
http://wrappers.typepad.com/ipod/apple_macbook_corduroy_covers/

IMO it's way more beautiful than all the others I've seen so far...

:)

EDIT: You can also let your initials be made on it! How awesome! If I'm gonna buy a MB, I'll buy this one too:rolleyes::D

Definitely, that wide wale Cord is killer, eh? I liked that a lot but I went for the linen with microfibre lining as I wanted it to look more professional and less casual

http://wrappers.typepad.com/photos/silver_macbook_sleeves/macbooksilverlinensleeve.html

macbooksilverlinensleeve.jpg

Should be here any day...

JoeDRC

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Anyone got/had one of these and could give their opinions?

I have the exact one posted in that link, I really like it, fits my macbook really well and i can just put it in my bag and not worry at all

probably the best £17 I spent

rs7

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Incase have Zipper Protector?

Do the incase ones have a protector so the zipper doesn't scratch the MacBook?

Gene Parmesan

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008

nytivofan

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
I just pre-ordered the Booq Taipan sleeve for my new MB. My fingers are crossed that the real thing looks as badass as the one in the photos. It's made for the aluminum MB's (hence the backordered status-they ship on the 25th), so the fit should be perfect.

poblack

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
I like the sleeves I see in this thread but I think they are a little overpriced. I was leaning towards the incase. The applesac is not my style.

I said I would post reviews and pics of a sleeve I bought on ebay. Overall, I like it a lot. It fits like a glove and has excellent cushion, yet slim and not bulky. I love the glove type fit w/ zipper protection. Cost me $14.99 plus $4.99 shipping and I received in in 4-5 days.

3013033339_05247a4f92.jpg

3013868978_bd571cc819.jpg

3013869122_458b9bb5e4.jpg

3013033843_dc65d7bc26_m.jpg

3013869426_293c6e60f7_m.jpg

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
I said I would post reviews and pics of a sleeve I bought on ebay. Overall, I like it a lot. It fits like a glove and has excellent cushion, yet slim and not bulky. I love the glove type fit w/ zipper protection. Cost me $14.99 plus $4.99 shipping and I received in in 4-5 days.

Two questions:

Does it have a handle?
What is the link?
Thanks

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Two questions:

Does it have a handle?
What is the link?
Thanks

poke around a little geez. he posted the link already.

link.

I like the simple design, but that memory foam stuff bugs the crap out of me. If you squeeze it too hard, you get a handprint for like 3 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.