Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Innovelis has announced that its TotalMount Pro mounting system for the new Apple TV is now available for $29.95 at Apple retail stores worldwide and on the Apple Online Store. The TotalMount Pro is available to ship in 1-2 weeks on the Apple Online Store, with Personal Pickup offered in the U.S. and where available pending in-store stock.

Apple-TV-wall-mount.jpeg

The flexible mounting system securely holds the new Apple TV, includes a charging remote holder and cable management, has ventilation channels and installs easily with no tools required. The kit is ideal for wall-mounted TVs, as it positions the Apple TV near the HDMI port, eliminating the need to tunnel the HDMI cable through your wall.

TM-Apple-TV-Shelf-300x273-250x228.jpg
"Running an HDMI cable through a wall is too destructive and time-consuming for many people," stated Eric Wengreen, one of the inventors.

A power cord is still required, although some wall-mounted televisions have a power outlet behind the television. Running an Ethernet cable is also needed for a wired internet connection.

The new Innovelis TotalMount Pro can also be adjusted to fit the second- and third-generation Apple TV, as shown with the original TotalMount Pro, pictured right.

Article Link: Mounting System for New Apple TV and Remote Launching in Apple Stores

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I like this quite a bit. My apple tv keeps sliding back and making it more difficult for the remote to work. I keep having to get up and push the darn thing forward (I know this is just me and my weird set up). But this is a great and inexpensive solution to my problem. Will stop by and pick this up this weekend.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
The price is very nice for what it does. I like that it holds the ATV just below the edge of the tv and can slide back or forth depending on how big or small the gap is between the tv and wall. Also, if you can't mount it that way or don't like it, you can alternatively mount it behind the tv and out of view. The Siri Remote holder is also a great addition; it keeps the remote near by, allows the remote to be charged and sticks to the side of the tv. The two cable management blocks are a plus.

Reactions: rtdunham

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
I still don't understand these mounts, unless it is for portability. I've been double-sided taping ATV's to the backs of my TV's since 2010. ATV4 is heavier but it's still up there in the living room. Just make sure you buy some good double sided tape (3M extreme hold or something like that), the cheap stuff won't work.

Reactions: disinfectant

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
That looks pretty neat, especially the one attached to the tv. Does it just stick on?

M2M

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2009
If the aTV wouldn't suck this mounting kit would be a nice addition.

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
A decent price but a bit overkill in my opinion. I just print my own mount and use 3M Command Strips to mount to wall/TV in hidden location.

And if you don't have a printer you can signup on 3dhubs.com, find one close to you and use the coupon code 'i3DCreatives' to get the mount for a few dollars (coupon code gives $15 off the price of first print and the mount comes to around $14-20 depending on the hub so for $0-5 you get the new apple tv mount.)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1086615

Reactions: oneMadRssn

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Considering the new Apple TV looks worse than the old one, I don't want to show it. Right now, I've just hid it behind the TV bench I have.

edward0244

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2015
This looks like an awesome product! I've used the previous generation Totalmount products and they work very well. The new pro version appears to have upgraded ventilation for heat management as well as a really cool remote holder with charging capability. Unfortunately, it appears as if my local Apple Store has already sold out - I guess I'll order it online.

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
I have the total mount for my 3rd gen apple tv and it works great. I have it mounted behind the tv, out of sight. Worth the cost. My only worry with the double sided tape approach would be that over time the warmth from the tv might weaken the adhesive and gravity would do its thing.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm not sure how this is supposed to work for wall-mounted TVs. Is there really enough room for this chubby new Apple TV behind most TVs made in the last 5 years? That was my biggest issue with the new design. I've been considering a wall mount to clear up floor space, but I'm pretty sure this new Apple TV is a little bit thicker than my just over five year old LG 42" TV. Some of the newer TVs I've seen are about as thick as a pencil, lol. However, this might work behind one of those stupid new "now it looks terrible from every angle" curved TVs.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
What do you mean? The extra 12mm of hideous plastic?

LOL. Yes, so hideous in comparison

3rd Gen:
apple-tv-gallery4-2015

4th Gen:
apple-tv-gallery1-201510

I like this quite a bit. My apple tv keeps sliding back and making it more difficult for the remote to work. I keep having to get up and push the darn thing forward (I know this is just me and my weird set up). But this is a great and inexpensive solution to my problem. Will stop by and pick this up this weekend.

Umm, the remote for the ATV4 is bluetooth. Not sure why you think you need line of sight. If you're using an older ATV I would recommend a small bit of double sided tape on the bottom. And actually I have a friend who used velcro to mount his ATV3 to the back of his TV hanging on the wall. He uses the remote from all over his office with no issues.

Last edited:

scaramoosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2014
It's too big, they should have just made something like Chromecast 2, much better and uses your phone/Laptop to control it.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Right, I don't understand why we need this when ATV is Bluetooth.
True but if the tv is mounted on the wall it can still be mounted behind it, it just does so in a slick way. However I think they forgot that the unit is now Bluetooth so no need to to have a line of sight.

M2M

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2009
But since it actually doesn't suck...

Personally I think it sucks - and I own it.
The keyboard is hideous, the interface of the movie player is underwhelming.
Using USB-C and lighting on one and the same device.

Yes all of it can be improved. But currently I prefer the old aTV which I also own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.