Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reichbc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Okay, I know this probably isn't the place (or even the site) to even remotely talk about Android, but I'm looking for answers and I'm trying to avoid doing another full reinstall of Mountain Lion.

I have a late 2011 MBP, 10.8.2, and I've been running completely stable for the past couple months. However, when I wanted to copy some TV shows to my Android tablet, I had to install a program called Android File Transfer.

The trouble is that after installing that application, and no sooner or later, my laptop started hanging on mouse and keyboard input when I plug in some USB devices. I will plug in a flash drive and OS X will recognize it and mount it. However, my trackpad and keyboard will be 100% unresponsive until I try to use them. I have to click my trackpad and move my fingers on it and it takes about 5 seconds to become responsive again. If I plug in a flash drive and step away from the computer, it will still be unresponsive when I come back, until I touch it, no matter how long I am away for.

My question is if someone could pick apart this app and see if it modifies any system files or installs anything that would cause this issue. I would be extremely grateful if someone with a better understanding of these things help me get rid of this extremely frustrating problem.

-Brandon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.