Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoomerM3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
Florida
Using iPad Pro with IOS 13.

I have transferred a bunch of pictures (jpg) from an external drive to my iPad. They are in a folder visible in the Files app.

I want to move them into an album. However, the Files app does not seem to offer that option. Is there a way to make these pictures available in an album? How?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
You can select the images in Files, then select Share, and within Share select "Save x Images" (x being the number of images you selected). They will then be copied to the Photos app where you can add them to an album.

BoomerM3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
Florida
Perfect. It would be nice if the screen said save images to albums, or some such.

Thanks.

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
One thing I notice about the Save Image function in Files is it doesn’t work well with RAW files.

Files app can view RAW files from my Nikon D750 just fine, but using the Save Image function to copy the RAW file to Photos just saves a low quality JPG image (basically the thumbnail).

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
One thing I notice about the Save Image function in Files is it doesn’t work well with RAW files.

Files app can view RAW files from my Nikon D750 just fine, but using the Save Image function to copy the RAW file to Photos just saves a low quality JPG image (basically the thumbnail).

Yes - a "feature". I now bypass Photos and Files completely, doing a direct import from of RAW from my SD cards into Lightroom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.