Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
AirPlay to Apple tv, but sometimes it drops off and goes back to ipad, been doing that all tonight, total pain, wish I knew why it drops off

Tony try putting the device on airplane mode and see if that fixes it .. or maybe is the connection

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
I use my old iPhone 4s to AirPlay movies instead of my 6+ or ipad. I have a alarm clock/radio dock for it so I just leave it in there while it streams.

Techchick

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2013
Workaround for moviebox. I tested this and it's working as of now. Download http://www.vshare.com, then search for moviebox and install. I'm running 8.1.2 non jailbroken.

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Workaround for moviebox. I tested this and it's working as of now. Download http://www.vshare.com, then search for moviebox and install. I'm running 8.1.2 non jailbroken.

Techchick. thats the problem most of everyone is running IOS 8.1.3 .. you can install MovieBox but some or most of the new movies are unavailable..

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
Vshare isn't working anymore for me anyway. But my movie box still works on my ios 7.1 device so that's all I really need

Tamara89

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
Movie box

Movie box is very slow again if you press watch then the loading is very slow
And so it continues, its inpossible to watch like that:(

Its not my connection whats wrong

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON

Good morning tamara89 did you try to set the quality of the video at LOW ,, sometimes that helps, i seen that it does not affect the video quality.. i myself have it set to LOW, mainly because i use the app at work and there are lots of people connected to the wi-fi..

XmeX

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014

Seems it would never ever work fine on IOS devices

Moviebox.... RIP

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
All ok here too, does play up if it's at peak times or lots running of same wifi, reboot see if that helps

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Good morning tamara89 did you try to set the quality of the video at LOW ,, sometimes that helps, i seen that it does not affect the video quality.. i myself have it set to LOW, mainly because i use the app at work and there are lots of people connected to the wi-fi..

Try hard resetting your Device..see if that fixes it

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Good Morning my friends .. I just updated my iPod touch to ios 8.2 to see if MovieBox would work or if it would download and work .. this is what i did

1-Go to vshare.com and download the unjailbroken version sometimes it takes a few tries. install it and trust.

2-on the search look for Vshare repair. download it and install

3-search for Moviebox download it and install it , like i said it takes a few minutes and tries.

4-open MovieBox .trust it and disregard the update

5-wait for it to update the latest movies and shows,, hope it works for you guys

Att: ELBUYTRE

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 101

jayism

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2015
Good Morning my friends .. I just updated my iPod touch to ios 8.2 to see if MovieBox would work or if it would download and work .. this is what i did

1-Go to vshare.com and download the unjailbroken version sometimes it takes a few tries. install it and trust.

2-on the search look for Vshare repair. download it and install

3-search for Moviebox download it and install it , like i said it takes a few minutes and tries.

4-open MovieBox .trust it and disregard the update

5-wait for it to update the latest movies and shows,, hope it works for you guys

Att: ELBUYTRE

Tried/tested & proven. It works!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

jayism

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2015
Good Jayism .. Now the Big Question is .. Are you getting movie Unavailable ?

Yes unfortunately, still the same error and question we all are asking too "WHY". :(

Even for certain tv series, I'm getting that error too, but more so for movies.

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Great news guys .. MovieBox has been updated with option to change servers Moviebox 3.3 lets see when we can download it .. they said that you can download it from Vshare .. but I couldn't see the 3.3 version

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 146

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Does anyone know how to stream moviebox to chromecast?

you cant .. because moviebox doesn't do chromecast..showbox does because its android ,, you can do a few application with an IOS device like YouTube and netflix .. i myself have both a chromecast and an apple tv .. to do MovieBox i use apple tv .. i think am right .. unless there is another way

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
This is how the new MovieBox 3.3 is going to look .. you be able to change servers and put subtitles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 118

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I upgraded to version 3.3 and it's working well. I'm on ios 8.1.2 and jailbroken. Before I was seeing the video unavailable message but now I can just change the server and it'll work after that. Pretty happy about it working again!

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
I installed it but mine looks the same, no servo choice ? Do I need to uninstall old version 1st

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.