Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HughJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
Im using Entourage, and recently had to archive and install 10.4.6 everything worked fine, although my connection speed seems to be a little on the slow side, anyhow after the install i opened Entourage and it wont retrieve mail...it goes through the motions of checking for mail, but i have not had anything for days now.

is anyone able to help, a quick fix maybe?

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2005
London, UK
Please don't take this as an offensive question ---- but you have checked that your account settings haven't been changed as a result of your install, yes? Do you get the little exclamation box in the bottom right of the Entourage frame when it is going through the motions of sending/receiving mail and signifying failure to connect?

HughJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
UKnjb said:
Please don't take this as an offensive question ---- but you have checked that your account settings haven't been changed as a result of your install, yes? Do you get the little exclamation box in the bottom right of the Entourage frame when it is going through the motions of sending/receiving mail and signifying failure to connect?

nope it goes through the motions of getting new mail, i get the progress bar come bar....it then checks....and nothing, no exclamations warning icons nothing

edit: i have checked the settings, and they all seem fine

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2005
London, UK
Hmmm. How about deleting your Entourage preferences file and re-starting it? Add a new, duplicate (but different name) account, entering your account settings from scratch?

HughJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
UKnjb said:
Hmmm. How about deleting your Entourage preferences file and re-starting it? Add a new, duplicate (but different name) account, entering your account settings from scratch?
i have already tried the deleting prefs file, but did nothing, but a second account....not a bad idea ill give that a go.

cheers

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2005
London, UK
Ps

Just a secondary thought.
Did you repair permissions and everything after you installed/up-dated your OS?

HughJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
iSaint said:
Have you checked your email through the ISP's web mail page?

Maybe no one likes you anymore. :D

Just kidding...but do check online to see what's in your box

yup checked online, nothing there, anyway my machine developed a fault after doing a test through disk utility, fine i thought i would archive and reinstall...what a mare, restarted using the OS X DVD, my BT mouse then decided to stop working completely (as my machine does not have BT built in, so as a result im using an early BT dongle...which of course when starting up from the DVD mouse and keyboard wont work) i then found my old wired KB...worked fine, but stil had no mouse, i had to resort to using my GF's dirt cheap wireless mouse from her PC (which worked fine)

anyhow i rebooted, and then got about 70 mails through..so it seems that people do like me its just some on here that don't :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.