MS Office Question: Print All Documents

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Nov 28, 2005.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I'm doing a research project and using word to copy/past seperate articles, I have about 60 windows open, or documents and want to print all of them. Is there an easy way to do this without having to individually select them?

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Probably can do it pretty easily with AppleScript, but I'm too lazy to figure out how right now.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The only thing I can think to try is to Apple-Select each window, and then Apple-P(rint) and see what options come up.

60 windows? Wow!!!

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

No Applescript Needed

Just select all the documents using the finder and Control-Click (Or Right Mouse button) and choose the Print menu. Word will open up and print them all.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

That will work, and will be a lot easier than using AppleScript. Good thinking!

6. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

If you have every document saved then this would work, but if you dont and they are just "untitled1, untitled2, ...untitled60" then you might have to separately print everyone of them. Just make sure you have enough paper in you printer.

7. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Does Word have something like Merge All Open Documents? Then you could just print once...

8. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

No, but it has Insert > File. So if you have 'Paper1.doc' open, go to Insert > File and choose the next file, say 'Paper2.doc', then again with 'Paper3.doc' etc.
    But you need to make sure your cursor or insertion point is where you want the file to be inserted (usually at the end of the current document).
    You could probably write a macro in Word to do what you want if its a regular thing - the easiest way is to record a macro first, and then hack it about till it works.