Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caliguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Is there a way to get MS Paint to run on Macintosh? I need exactly MS Paint, no other. If that really doesn't work, is there a program that is similar to MS Paint that is free?

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
caliguy said:
Is there a way to get MS Paint to run on Macintosh? I need exactly MS Paint, no other. If that really doesn't work, is there a program that is similar to MS Paint that is free?

VirtualPC running a version of windows with MS Paint is the only way.

In response to your second question, the same question was asked three questions below your post. Here lies your answer.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
caliguy said:
GraphicConverter reads and writes all file types created by MS Paint plus many, many more. It is bundled with most new Macs. The application is shareware, but Apple pays the shareware fee for you. If you have an older Mac, download it. GrapicConverter is fully functional before you pay the shareware fee, but is so good that you will gladly pay if you can afford it. You can find it here.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
caliguy said:

Why do you need exactly MS Paint? It's not like it has some proprietary format you can't open in any other program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.