Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Ok here is the deal, my friend just got an iMac (thanks to me) and he wants to buy a printer wiht to go with it since he dose not use his laptop anymore. He gose to to college but lives in an apartment so he would be doing most of the printing at home. I personally use an HP all-in-one (printer, fax, scanner and copier) and i love it but i would like to know the whole pictuer before giving him my advice.

He might be using a fax but i am not sure, he normally dose some copying but not enough lets say to have an all-in-one just for that but he dose use some.

Could i have some links on what people would recommend or are using, thanks.

Squareball

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Palo Alto, CA
Firstly, it's not "dose" it's "does".

Secondly, if all he wants to do is print, then you need to know if he wants to print just text or if he wants to print higher resolution stuff. Without knowing exactly what he wants to use this device for it's impossible to say what he should get. If you're really not sure, you can take him to Best Buy or Office Max and talk to the salesman there.

I personally like some of the all in one devices but I don't own one (nor a printer) as I don't do much printing. At my old office we had a Canon 932c that was really great. It was fast and made great photos and other high resolution prints.

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Squareball said:
Secondly, if all he wants to do is print, then you need to know if he wants to print just text or if he wants to print higher resolution stuff. Without knowing exactly what he wants to use this device for it's impossible to say what he should get.

He has a digital camera but he always uses photo shop, i asked him and he said it will be for normal printes and no high res images. Its been like 2 years since i have used a normal printer so i cant really say whats better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.