Multi touch gestures in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by zombierunner, Jun 10, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

zombierunner

would you get the same experience using these gestures on a magic mouse as you would on a trackpad ? i can't imagine doing all those pinch and swipe gestures on a mouse ... just wouldnt feel right ... would work great on a notebook but not on a mouse?

what do you think

2. macrumors 6502a

There is no option on Lion for pinch on the magic mouse. I added a track pad last week and I seldom grab for my magic mouse.

3. macrumors 68030

baryon

I think that for gestures, the trackpad is superior. I think that today, if I had an iMac, I would get it with a Magic Trackpad only. I'd have a USB gaming mouse, but I would only use it for gaming.

I hated trackpads before I got a MacBook Pro, and now I love them. I actually feel better with a trackpad than a mouse, as far as speed and pointing precision is concerned. The only thing I don't like is dragging: you have to press down with your thumb, and either use 2 hands, or you will have trouble dragging with your index finger. And drag lock sucks: it adds a delay to your single click.

4. macrumors newbie

I have used both the magic mouse and magic trackpad and I must say, the trackpad is waaay better...
    You have so much more space to perform the specific gestures + some gestures are unavailable on the magic mouse.

Even gaming works on the trackpad (after some trial and error:cool:)

5. macrumors 68020

Sodner

So it's get Lion for $29.99 and add $69.00 for a track pad as well.

6. macrumors 68030

baryon

Yeah, and you almost get a nice round number :D
    But I think it's worth it, if you don't have a laptop.

7. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

On a desktop using a mouse, I find myself not wanting to use gestures at all. I guess if you have a habit of using them it can be frustrating.

8. macrumors 65816

This may be a little off-topic, but I just wanted to ask if anyone has any insights on what the new two-finger swipe left/right (for back/forward in Safari) means for horizontal scrolling. Is this still possible? How about other applications?

9. macrumors 6502a

MacManiac76

If you are in an area that can scroll horizontally, it will do the horizontal scroll first. When you reach the end of the scroll area, if you continue the two-finger swipe, it will then do the back/forward action.

10. macrumors 65816

- Thank you.