Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chickendog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2018
Knoxville, TN
My wife and I both take pictures with our iPhones. We have separate iCloud accounts. We are in the mac family things. Not sure what it is called.

Is there an easy way for us to combine our pics in photos?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
My wife and I both take pictures with our iPhones. We have separate iCloud accounts. We are in the mac family things. Not sure what it is called.

Could you put the Photos folder on a shared drive (dropbox if you don't use the same computer)?

Not sure if you'd be able both to access at the same time, though.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013

Family sharing... you will have a family album where you can share photos also, with 50GB storage, you can share your iCloud storage between the 2.. so both of you get 50 GB but only 1 pays...
[doublepost=1525952937][/doublepost]Otherwise, create a common Apple ID so both of you can use it.

Reactions: Donfor39

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Could you put the Photos folder on a shared drive

This.

Move one of the Photos libraries to /Users/Shared on the Mac. Point both user accounts Photos settings to that library. Now anytime one or the other person imports from their phone or iCloud account, pics wind up in same library. Might have to deal with some initial protection issues, but that should be solved relatively quickly after first attempt or two.

Only issue with this would be what to do with existing photos in other library. Maybe export the import to Shared library.

Or as mentioned, Family Sharing.

Or, believe you can sign into other iCloud account via Safari, download the pics to keep, import to master library.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Family sharing... you will have a family album where you can share photos also, with 50GB storage, you can share your iCloud storage between the 2.. so both of you get 50 GB but only 1 pays

To clarify, you would get 50 GB to share, not 50 + 50 GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.