Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Ok so I have my full library on my external with all my music, tv shows and movies. On my laptop I have a consolidated library with all my music, some tv shows but no movies.

I just spent a while putting all my content into itunes and organizing it all so I haven't gotten anything new. I got a bunch of itunes giftcards for christmas though so I'll be adding content yay!

Question: Is there a way to have new stuff I download in one library automatically show up in the other? Or do I have to keep track of everything I buy and make sure I copy it over to the other...

How do you all sort this kinda problem out?

Thanks.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Do you have an iPod?

Use your iPod and iTunes 7

With iTunes 7 you can transfer iTunes Store purchases that are synced with your iPod to any authorized computer, for example from your home computer to your computer at work. Here are the steps to "reverse sync" purchases from your iPod:

1. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes 7 and iPod software.
2. Authorize your computer by choosing Authorize Computer from the Store menu in iTunes.
3. Attach your iPod to the authorized computer.
4. From the File menu, choose Transfer Purchases from iPod.
[Link]

If not I fear you have to keep on moving them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.