Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ousboui

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2014
It's not a stage

The structure at DeAnza does not look like a stage. It's a cube-like building with a large entrance. It is substantial, looks like a permanent structure and easily big enough to be an Apple store. Who know's what's inside? Perhaps there is a stage inside.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I'm calling BS on the album being pre loaded on every phone. Record company isn't giving anything out for free and Apple wouldn't spend the $$$ to do this.

In the unlikely event the truth turns out to be Apple payed to include a U2 album on every iPhone while saving about the same amount by not increasing RAM, I'm going to be really pissed. Not really buying the included album thing though and the RAM situation is still uncertain.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
They are going to perform at the end of the keynote. Nothing more, nothing less. It's tradition. Coldplay has done it before, so have the Foo Fighters.

They are not going to preload an album onto our devices. Not when it disqualifies them from the charts.

By the way, if you use the Music app on your iOS devices, you have probably been looking at Bono for the last few years anyway. :p

2bikes

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
I always thought what they are building at next week`s venue is a stage for a (U2) concert.

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Personally really looking forward to the new U2 album. Supposed to be best since Achtung Baby. Doubt it's included with iPhone though, if so, better than half the crap that is music today.

rainydays

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
I'm guessing that the iPhone 6 will have some Beats technology built in to the speakers. They're using U2 and they're upcoming stuff to help push this feature.

Beats technology? :D I really hope Apple aren't stupid enough to use that in their products.

CelestialToys

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
up above the streets and houses
Whilst some of the U2 rumours may be true, I'm pretty sure that what they're building outside is not a stage for them to play on. It doesn't take several weeks to build and rig a temporary stage, it's usually done in a couple of days.

silverboy31

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2007
Stoney creek , Canada
Can't wait to see this ..Big U2 fan ..yes I'm 40 yrs old , 23 year mac user , ..I would hardly call U2 irrelevent , but thats my old man opinion .... Looking forward to the 9th ........

And yes i did buy the original U2 iPod still have it ,Box and all.......:cool:

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
It would be absolutely insane if U2 was there to promote the ipod. People are already trying to paint Apple as uncool and "the phone for your parents". This would just play into their hands. Sure, be the musical guest at the end, but please no ad tie ins.

BushySquirrel

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2014
I reckon they are going to announce Beats officially to Apple and announce that they are going to other countries for their music streaming service.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Isn't U2 extremely outdated nowadays? For me, sure. It is very 2000 isn't it? I like some of their albums but they do not look like someone you would like to promote a new 2014 product at all

BTW, I don't want to sound haterish, but this whole thing about music shows during the keynote + presenting an enormous phablet and a watch together doesn't sound familiar to you? REALLY??

They still making great music but their prime is past for sure. Still I rather listen to them than most junk music that is produced nowadays.
Too bad how low the quality of the current artists are and how lame this new generation tastes are. With very few exceptions, most of music today is very weak in comparison to past decades.

----------

Can't wait to see this ..Big U2 fan ..yes I'm 40 yrs old , 23 year mac user , ..I would hardly call U2 irrelevent , but thats my old man opinion .... Looking forward to the 9th ........

And yes i did buy the original U2 iPod still have it ,Box and all.......:cool:

I am in the same boat as you. The only difference I did not buy that iPod. :(

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
This is a ridiculous rumor, and scary if it turns out to be true. I thought it was a nice touch with some secretive building for the announcement, which adds excitement.....but if it turns out to be merely a stage for U2 to perform on? Gag. The feedback will be swift and unkind. Just announce some exciting new products with hopefully a surprise or two and avoid the shenanigans.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Yuck I hope not. It will be swiftly deleted and I hope they don't waste any time in the keynote with horrible U2 music.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I always thought what they are building at next week`s venue is a stage for a (U2) concert.

The Flint Center already is a theater, with a large stage, with rigging, lighting, sound, cabling, with the same seats everyone will already be sitting in for the keynote, and the same cameras and video switching that will be set up for the keynote. Why build another stage that the people in the theater would all have to move to, and couldn't fit in? This makes absolutely no sense.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
To those of you that hate U2, I hope Apple accidentally preloads the album 1,000 times so you don't even have room for apps. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.