Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZenoVT

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2009
Just update the mobile substrate and everything seems to be working here just fine. Except skype proximity sensor doesn't work when on call out of the app... I don't know why.

masterchan777

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
OK I have now rebooted the device and I see it's back to normal again. Skype remains in a quick-switch state. It's only the push call notifications takes about 15 seconds to arrive making me think it's not receiving the call at all. While all I have to do is wait a bit longer for it to ring. :)

Normal backgrounding works fine while the device is still on and not into lock/sleep mode .

I tried rebooting the device, and I still can receive calls "immediately" after manually locking , however , Skype gets into offline mode less than a minute afterwards losing the ability to receive any calls or ims.
Also , I can also confirm the delay in the push call notification (while Skype is still online)

Update : It looks like the the problem is Skype related as Saurik thinks it is not related to MobileSubstrate

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Safari

Is anyone else having issues with Safari? When I leave and then come back, the pages all reload automatically. Of course it didn't do this before jb. Has anyone found a fix for it?

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Normal backgrounding works fine while the device is still on and not into lock/sleep mode .

I tried rebooting the device, and I still can receive calls "immediately" after manually locking , however , Skype gets into offline mode less than a minute afterwards losing the ability to receive any calls or ims.
Also , I can also confirm the delay in the push call notification (while Skype is still online)

Update : It looks like the the problem is Skype related as Saurik thinks it is not related to MobileSubstrate

Hmm i just had the device left in locked mode for a good 15 minutes and I tried to call my Skype number from another phone. The iphone rang immediately this time which I assume means Skype is still backgrounding fine here and the push delay is also "fixed" for now.

masterchan777

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Working normally , but not right away

Hmm i just had the device left in locked mode for a good 15 minutes and I tried to call my Skype number from another phone. The iphone rang immediately this time which I assume means Skype is still backgrounding fine here and the push delay is also "fixed" for now.

This happened to me as well , it looks like when the device is locked right after a reboot , Skype is still running in the background , however , it doesn't switch to online mode right away , there is some delay like 10 or 15 minutes and then everything works normally, and once you are online that's it , Skype works normally again.
I think it could be something with Skype (the app or the service) .

og1

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
Is anyone else having issues with Safari? When I leave and then come back, the pages all reload automatically. Of course it didn't do this before jb. Has anyone found a fix for it?

Once again, I have said this many times in this thread. This problem is much more than just skype. I had tons of native(safari, messages) and AppStore apps that would completely reload instead of suspend. I guess nobody wants to hear this.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Once again, I have said this many times in this thread. This problem is much more than just skype. I had tons of native(safari, messages) and AppStore apps that would completely reload instead of suspend. I guess nobody wants to hear this.

I'm not getting that problem still... I went out of my usual way and left Engadget and Arstechnica on my browser... It stays there.

I also left my Messaging app in a conversation I had with my friend and again, it resumes back there.

og1

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
I'm not getting that problem still... I went out of my usual way and left Engadget and Arstechnica on my browser... It stays there.

I also left my Messaging app in a conversation I had with my friend and again, it resumes back there.

It didn't do it everytime for me, which made it even more frustrating. About 50% of the time. Leave a couple pages in safari open and I'd come back to them re loading. I guess it's possible that something was jogging all my ram and not leaving any for suspended state apps, but either way it was buggy as hell.

RedCloud75013

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
MD
It didn't do it everytime for me, which made it even more frustrating. About 50% of the time. Leave a couple pages in safari open and I'd come back to them re loading. I guess it's possible that something was jogging all my ram and not leaving any for suspended state apps, but either way it was buggy as hell.

Just like illutionz, everything is back to normal.

similarly, I have skype running with my phone locked, did not touch it for few hours, and was able to receive chat/call requests...

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island

Safari reloading was infamous in iPad due to low RAM and the application has to clear the cache. Have you checked your RAM from SBSettings process?

og1

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
Safari reloading was infamous in iPad due to low RAM and the application has to clear the cache. Have you checked your RAM from SBSettings process?

no i restored to factory fw. i have had JB iphones since my gen1, and never had any trouble. I hardly had anything installed, sbsettings, and quickreply. hard to imagine those could be eating all the ram.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
For you people who are having problem with Maps (I did not) on MobileSubstrate 3226 that "fixed" Skype, Saurik has posted this on his Twitter

As many users discovered, the Skype redux fix broke Maps. I spent most of the day fixing this bug in MobileSubstrate 0.9.3228.

The 3228 update is OUT now!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.