Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiffy05

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Hey guys,

I couldn't find anything in the searches, so apologies if this has been brought up before, but how do you guys go about setting up your music dvds in iTunes? I've ripped some in Handbrake and set them up as 'movies', but I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the metadata to 'name' specific chapters (ie songs).

I'd hoped that iFlicks would be able to do that, but no luck. Hopefully that wasn't a waste of $30 ;-).

Thanks in advance!

KeithJenner

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2010
I rip each chapter separately and set them as Music Videos. I tag them as if they were music tracks and then they fall into the music section as if they were albums. That works fine for me.

The only issue I have with it is that there is a small gap between tracks on playback. That isn't a major problem for me and other than that it seems to fit in fairly well. I think that is how iTunes purchased music videos work as well.

If you want the DVD as one whole track then I'd use Subler to name the chapters, which is free.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Here's the way I do it: I tag the chapters in HandBrake before ripping. I have one file for the concert but can choose tracks via chapter selection in iTunes and (more important for me) on the iOS devices as well.

Sometimes I choose this video file and burn a audio CD. That way the chapters are split into songs on the audio CD (and sometimes even named properly). In the end I reimport the audio files and keep them in the music section.

I haven't find a way to avoid the CD burning step. Suggestions welcome. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.