Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
i tried looking for the mac drivers for the mx518 mouse that i have but i couldn't find it in the Logitech website. i can install the CD on XP using bootcamp but i was wondering if i can still use the mouse on mac.

be advised that this mouse needs the software in order to be able to use the 1600 dpi sensitivity.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
wchong said:
i tried looking for the mac drivers for the mx518 mouse that i have but i couldn't find it in the Logitech website. i can install the CD on XP using bootcamp but i was wondering if i can still use the mouse on mac.

be advised that this mouse needs the software in order to be able to use the 1600 dpi sensitivity.
you could go get the razer pro1.6 it has 1600 dpi and works in both bootcamp and osx - I was living under the assumpition that logitech gave me the best options. I was blind but now I see the light - the soothing blue glow of the razer pro that is.

btw I got mine off of newegg it was alot cheaper than the apple store

OMGWTFBBQ

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
bump

Anybody find any other solutions? the Logitech preferences pane doesn't work with this mouse :-(

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
bump

Anybody find any other solutions? the Logitech preferences pane doesn't work with this mouse :-(

I went through the pain of trying to get mine to work in OS X. The closest I came to a true solution was: http://www.usboverdrive.com

It's $20, even though it's distributed as shareware. I think there was some other program that was $40 that was tried and true, but I said "bullocks!" I'm not paying for using my gaming mouse on a mac. It's attached to my XPS that I rarely ever use anymore.

Let me know if you find something that works for you...

DrYou

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2008
I also bought this mouse and can't get the extra buttons to work. I'm on a new MacBook and have tried USBOverDrive and SteerMouse and nothing works... I wana cry

Stoven

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2006
I had this mouse as well. The Logitech preference pain didn't do anything. It was an awesome mouse. Then one day I touched it and static electricity killed it. So I bought the Razer Pro. It's awesome. Great OS X drivers and everything. Kind of hard to get used to, especially if you have small hands because the scroll wheel is pretty far up. Not as comfortable as the MX518 but very good. I would recommend it.

ebutka

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Detroit

I am running 10.5.2 and it worked perfectly without any needed drivers

DrYou

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2008
Yeah, the MX518 is nice but I wish I would have gotten the Razer Pro.

Drivers FTW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.