My 15" PB G4 1GHZ is Worth...?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Collin973, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Collin973 macrumors 6502

Hi! I just bought a 15" PB 1GHZ with some slight cosmetic damage, but both hinges are still in tact. It has 512mb of ram and APX.

What do you think a good selling price or the value of it is?

Thank you so much!

2. Chasealicious macrumors member

Chasealicious

3. Collin973 thread starter macrumors 6502

Two dollars eh? Not sure what you're smokin...

Any serious values?

--CP

4. quruli macrumors regular

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea 700ish is about right I would think. Considering a 1ghz emac is about 400-500 ish

6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

What else do have in the PB? Tiger? Panther? Jaguar?

Combo/Superdrive?

Dead Pixels?

Just helpin you out.

7. Collin973 thread starter macrumors 6502

To me the screen looks like its in really good shape, no dead pixels. I'm pretty sure it has the superdrive and it'll have Tiger on it (once I have time to play with it).

Also, $700 sounds about right. Maybe a little less considering there are some dings and dents on the exterior. EBAY has them for some different prices ranging from 500ish-800, which isn't bad.

Thanks for all of your quick input.

Are there any good modifications to make? I was thinking about getting a good 5400 rpm drive to put in it...

8. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I've been seeing 1.25 ghz powerbooks going for around $800 on craigslist. If you put it up at that price you may get one hit or two. If not, then lower it to $750 and try again. Beware of scammers that want you to ship!

9. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Hitachi/13G1591/

I'd totally want a PB, I'm waiting for the price to keep plummeting.

If there is a superdrive and Tiger, the machine is worth 800 dollars easily. Anything past that and your dreaming. Those Intel's surely wiped out the G4's..

10. Collin973 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, I've dealt with craigslist scammers before. I reported one to the IC3. I was sent a money wire transfer confirmation email that was in his name and the addy looked fishy so i googled it and it was an email flagged by the IC3. Sucks to be that scammer, because he gave me is home address and phone number, which i passed right along.

It's too bad craigslist is soooo contaminated with scammers. It makes it really hard. I don't live in a major craigslist area, my closest large marketplace is NYC and thats 2 hours away...