Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
my Apple Watch is stuck on the screen you can see below. I have tried everything to get it working. I have tried force restarting it and it won't move from the 3 notches. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    696.6 KB · Views: 289

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
Mine was has acted oddly a couple of times, once I put it on the charger and it started working again, and the second time I did a reset with good results.

Let the battery run down, recharge and see if it comes back, barring that, looks like it needs to be exchanged :(

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
my Apple Watch is stuck on the screen you can see below. I have tried everything to get it working. I have tried force restarting it and it won't move from the 3 notches. Any ideas?

Were you installing the beta?

mttsmth

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2015
I was (have a dev account), and mine's doing the same. Left it so far for about 15 hours and the progress meter has got somewhere around the 2 o'clock mark.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011

Yes - contact Apple.

If your Apple Watch turns on but gets stuck during start up
"If you see the Apple logo or a red exclamation mark during startup, and your Apple Watch appears to restart or never fully starts up, contact Apple Support."

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204845

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
How many restarts? I've tried mine quite a few times but still doing the same. Had you tried to install a beta?

Yeah I already had the beta on the watch but froze so restarted which caused this. I probably rebooted it 10 times. Make sure when you do it you hold both buttons for at least 10 seconds

Mtkates

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
I have watchOs 2 beta 2 installed. I had the same problem most of the day yesterday and this morning. Had a Genius appointment today. While waiting for the appointment I was trying on other watches at the store and the guy helping me with that was asking about the problem I was having, so I was showing him what was going on and it was now going farther than it had been. So we just sat there and watched it until it finally finished whatever it was doing and went to the language then pairing screen and I was able to pair it again. Had it fixed before my appointment time. Can't remember how many times I had to reset it, but it was at least a dozen.

Reactions: sam3020

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Glad it worked out. Apple should be able to reload the firmware, but it'll be sent out of that continues to happen

jon8214

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
Belfast, NI
Mines doing this now too, i haven't had the beta on it but just started doing this after doing a restart, I've tried restarting at least 15 times with no luck, I've got a genius appointment for tomorrow :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.