Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
leekohler said:
Ok guys- anybody remember that series of short films I was in last fall? The horror films where I agonized over my performance? Well, one of the shorts was bought by MTV to show on Logo. They saw it at a festival in NYC and bought the thing! I'm really happy! Here's a link, but there's not much info yet. Scroll down to "Perfect Filtration". No cast list is posted yet either, you just have to take my word for it. BTW- I'm quite scary in this one. :) http://www.splitpillow.com/newsletter0606.html

P.S. I'll let you guys know when it airs as soon as I know. It should be sometime in the fall.

Very cool leekohler! I am very happy for you- congratulations. :) :) :)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
tomokun said:
You guys, its not going to be on MTV. Logo is just owned by MTV Networks (well viacom even). So yeah, no need to worry if you hate MTV. Logo is actually an LGBT interest channel. They show quite a bit of short films actually. Just an FYI for those of you saying "Good thing you didnt make a music video as MTV wouldnt show it."

Thanks- I should've made that more clear! :)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
OK, I'm late with this but- here's a link to the film on the Logo website:

http://www.logoonline.com/shows/eve...ils.jhtml?cid=1541247&popThis=popVideo(108902)

I'm in a black mask most of the time. It comes off toward the end after I've done some damage. Just so you guys know, I'm the killer in the film. :)

It also aired on the Click List on November 21. But I got the info too late. It should be showing again though.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
It's the 7th most watch video :D. Nice!

I can't watch it though. I've seen most of it already from Lee, but I'd like to see what I missed.

If anyone has success in getting it to play, let me know. It says something about an incorrect file name, directory, or incorrect time syntax. :confused:

e

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Same, can't get it to play. Tried in WMP 9:Mac and Flip4Mac. No luck. "Syntax Error" or whatever.

Kevin

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
From the logo website:
Why can't I play Logoonline videos on my Mac?

Logo uses Windows Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect videos from unauthorized re-distribution. Unfortunately, Microsoft's Windows Media Player Plug-in for Macintosh does not support Windows DRM. If DRM support becomes available for Macintosh, Logo will develop a version of the video player that works on a Mac.

e

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Belated but very hearty congratulations! You are Da Man!

I'm working on a horror movie myself. "Rose Mary Cheney's Baby". It's a remake of an old film starring Mia Farrow.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Congrats!
Though it's a shame it can't be played by most of us Mac users. :(
If you ever have a Mac-viewable link of the movie to share with us, please let us know!

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Oh dammit to hell. ;) Sorry guys!

Congrats on the film and exposure Lee! Really great when someone you like and respect gets to do something they really like!

Your next task..

In costume, drive out to Redmond and pressure Microsoft to fix it's broken DRM. Take extreme measures if necessary ;)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I hate MTV... sellout :p

Oh don't worry- I'm doing an indie feature next (with plenty of nastiness) that'll probably only be on the film fest circuit. We start workshopping sometime early in the new year. :) Calm yourself, my young idealist. ;)

Congrats on the film and exposure Lee! Really great when someone you like and respect gets to do something they really like!

Your next task..

In costume, drive out to Redmond and pressure Microsoft to fix it's broken DRM. Take extreme measures if necessary ;)

Won't I spontaneously combust if I get too close to Microsoft? :)

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Did the killer know those two were the ones that t-papered his house, or was he motivated by the peeking window incident? Couldn't stop thinking about the short as I lay in bed, but I guess that's what I get for watching it just before turning in.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Did the killer know those two were the ones that t-papered his house, or was he motivated by the peeking window incident? Couldn't stop thinking about the short as I lay in bed, but I guess that's what I get for watching it just before turning in.

I would say the peeping incident. He couldn't have actually known that those two did the TPing. But I'm sure the TPing didn't make him happy. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.