Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manowar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Right then lets being,

I bought a Macbook Pro at the start of March this year, after 3 days i noticed the macbook was overheating and it was also getting slow. I took it back to my local store, they did lot's of test's, they told me it had a fault with the processor and that it had failed.
So i added the extra £50 and got the £969 imac 21", but this had a yellow screen and screen burn. So apple replaced this with £1250 21" imac free of charge.
So my new iMac 21" arrived only this had a yellow screen and a loud hard drive, so apple sent me other iMac 21" but this one had fault with the processor and yellow screen :(
So Apple offered me a 27" iMac i7
This one turned up after 3 weeks only to be dead on arrival :mad:

So Apple once again ordered other iMac 27" i7 with 12gb ram and 2 TB hard drive (free of charge), this was ok for about 2 weeks and then it started to over heat, i was also getting a lot of beach balls.
So i rang Apple up and told them i wasn't going to accept other iMac, So the upgraded me to Mac Pro with a 2TB hard drive and 24" apple led display (free of charge).
But this has now gone wrong :mad: (after just 4 days), the Magic Mouse won't stay connected and the hard drive is very loud.
I have to take to my local apple to store for them to check it out.

I tell you i have had enough of Apple now, all i want is a working computer:( This has been going for 5 months and i am sick of it
I just had to tell someone.

Update 6/07

I got email back today (after i sent email to Steve Jobs)

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Paid for a MBP and got a MP? Not bad... And most drives can be loud. If I were you and got that big of an upgrade, I would just get a new HD myself anyways. But still, that sucks, but a great deal in the end if it works out.

PeterQVenkman

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2005
Count your blessings, swap the hard drive, and get a wired mouse. You'll still be way ahead on money saved.

iMacprobook

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
UK
This is hard to imagine that you could have so many wrong-uns, very sorry to hear this, it would have driven me mad:mad::mad:

It's clear that Apple are desperate to compensate you by offering a substantial upgrade, but you have ended up with a system far bigger than you originally wanted, i would say a complete refund would be in order and a free macbook pro until you get one that works..

Best of luck..

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England
Not the first story like this I've seen on here. At some point Apple may try to just compensate you financially. The two current issues you are having are quite minor, but obviously after everything else its just more of the same annoyance and frustration for you. The problem with hard drive noise it may very well be within manufacturer's specifications. I'd do what was suggested above, wired mouse and new hard drive if you want them resolved without more down time. Samsung F3s are the quietest I think currently.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Right then lets being,

I bought a Macbook Pro at the start of March this year, after 3 days i noticed the macbook was overheating and it was also getting slow. I took it back to my local store, they did lot's of test's, they told me it had a fault with the processor and that it had failed.
So i added the extra £50 and got the £969 imac 21", but this had a yellow screen and screen burn. So apple replaced this with £1250 21" imac free of charge.
So my new iMac 21" arrived only this had a yellow screen and a loud hard drive, so apple sent me other iMac 21" but this one had fault with the processor and yellow screen :(

So Apple once again ordered other iMac 27" i7 with 12gb ram and 2 TB hard drive (free of charge), this was ok for about 2 weeks and then it started to over heat, i was also getting a lot of beach balls.
So i rang Apple up and told them i wasn't going to accept other iMac, So the upgraded me to Mac Pro with a 2TB hard drive and 24" apple led display (free of charge).
But this has now gone wrong :mad: (after just 4 days), the Magic Mouse won't stay connected and the hard drive is very loud.

I tell you i have had enough of Apple now, all i want is a working computer:( This has been going for 5 months and i am sick of it

Oh dear... :eek: :confused:

Are you serious or have I just been click-jacked again?! :eek:

BT problems with the Mac Pro, are well documented here, do a search, there are a couple of alternatives from adjusting where your MP sits in relation to the mouse to adding an external antenna. Unless you are really in love with the Magic Mouse, you could just switch to a different mouse BT, wireless, or wired.

I am sorry you feel the HD is loud... do you think it's faulty loud or you're just not happy you can hear it? Perhaps consider an SSD. :confused:

Murray M

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Right then lets being,

I would love this to happen to me

manowar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
About the hard drive, i just thought the mac is working and i can live with the hard drive being loud. But when i phoned apple about the mouse the tech on the phoned asked what the noise was, i told him it was the hard drive and he said that it was way to loud. He got me to do a few test and it turns out that the hard drive was at fault. So i'll take it to Apple store today.....

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
About the hard drive, i just thought the mac is working and i can live with the hard drive being loud. But when i phoned apple about the mouse the tech on the phoned asked what the noise was, i told him it was the hard drive and he said that it was way to loud. He got me to do a few test and it turns out that the hard drive was at fault. So i'll take it to Apple store today.....

so many faulty mac's?! oO what tasks are you doing?

never heard anything like that...

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Loud hard drives and yellow tints on the screen are relatively minor complaints to have with any Mac/PC, so I think you've done pretty well out of this.

To compare: we bought 4 MacBook Pros in our office:
- 2 of the 15" MBPs would shutdown randomly, even when plugged in.
- The battery in one 15" and 17" MBP started bulging, lifting them off the desk.
- Those batteries were recalled, the replacements have since failed, and OSX is now warning to "Service Battery" on the 3rd battery.
- On one adaptor, the cable cable insulation melted right through; obviously needed replacing.
- The power cable (from the wall socket to the power adaptor) failed in two of them, replaced with a cheap black "kettle lead" which works perfectly.
- My MBP would almost always kernel panic when watching Youtube or any video streaming site for more than a couple of minutes.
- Every time it crashed, the colour palette would be badly messed up when the machine rebooted (normally could be fixed by zapping the PRAM).

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
OP is either a troll or very, very, very lucky.

If their story is true, Apple have done' more than enough to atone for poor build quality. If it's all just a made up story then it's backfired spectacularly since it portrays Apple customer service in a a very flattering light.

Either way, this is no horror story, and "Loud Hard Drive"??? Please.:rolleyes:

manowar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Ok i have not made any of this up, everything i have said in thread is 100% true. And yes i have been very lucky when comes to the upgrades, but all i want is a working Mac :(

Apple are now sending me out a new Magic mouse and a new hard drive to try.

manowar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Here is a picture of 1 of 21.5" and 1 of the 27" iMacs and now my mac pro.

Attachments

• 1000695.jpg
    1000695.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1001004v-1.jpg
    1001004v-1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 85

manowar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
New mouse and hard drive have just arrived (only took 1 day)
the new hard drive is still loud and the new mouse still won't work :mad:
I took the mouse to my local apple store and paired it with the mac pro in store and it did the same thing on the're mac. I am now waiting on apple to call back, i'am asking for a refund as i have had enough.

Ravich

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Portland, OR
My macbook pro has been serving me well for 2 years now and still has a year of applecare left.

....wanna trade? It works, I promise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.