Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Except not everyone else is saying that. You can get the highest score on a test in your class, that doesn't mean you got 100% on the test. So unless the review scoring is based on a curve, "the best phone on the market" does not have to equate to a perfect 10/10

Exactly. And I stand by the score. Still a great phone (AGAIN), but it's not that impressive and innovative especially coming from an iPhone 4. Fan boys need to relax and enjoy your phone if you really believe it's a 9+

I have it a 7.5 and I like Siri, like the speed, and the camera. But am I totally blown away by it like I was when the HTC Evo or the iPhone 4 came out? Hardly.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I cant wait til iOS 6 comes out and all these 4 owners will be crying about how their phones with 3GS technology (internal chip architechture) cant keep up.

Lol at shortsightedness. I saw the same thing when the 3GS came out, and people thought it wasnt a big deal cause right then and there at that time, the 3G ran iOS 3 just fine. We all know what happened after that...

The 3G did slow down with iOS 3, the 4 actually got faster with iOS 5, that's difference. Also, must people sticking with the 4 are doing so to get the next gen update, therefore they don't have to worry about how iOS 6 runs on their phone.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
The 3G did slow down with iOS 3, the 4 actually got faster with iOS 5, that's difference. Also, must people sticking with the 4 are doing so to get the next gen update, therefore they don't have to worry about how iOS 6 runs on their phone.

It was IOS 4 that killed the 3Gs performance. A later revision of IOS 4 made it a LITTLE better but still quite a bit slower than it ran under IOS 3

timberga

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
Exactly. And I stand by the score. Still a great phone (AGAIN), but it's not that impressive and innovative especially coming from an iPhone 4. Fan boys need to relax and enjoy your phone if you really believe it's a 9+

I have it a 7.5 and I like Siri, like the speed, and the camera. But am I totally blown away by it like I was when the HTC Evo or the iPhone 4 came out? Hardly.

Just give it an 8 so the fanboys shut up! :)

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Wait you are saying that the 3G to 3GS wasn't as big of an "impact" as the 4 to 4S?

Depends what you mean by "impact"

Having used all four phones, I think there's a much bigger jump in the "quality" of the device from 4 to 4S than there was from 3G to 3GS

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Depends what you mean by "impact"

Having used all four phones, I think there's a much bigger jump in the "quality" of the device from 4 to 4S than there was from 3G to 3GS

Let's not count the OS...

On top of my head:

3G to 3GS added...
Faster Processor
More RAM
Better Camera went from 2MP to 3MP
Bluetooth EDR 2.0 to 2.1
Max Storage Option 32GB
Better Battery Life
Voice Control
Gyroscope
Video Recording

4 to 4S added...
Faster Processor
Better Camera 8MP/1080P
Worse Battery Life :(
Siri
HSDPA+
Antenna problem resolved
Bluetooth EDR 2.1 to 4.0
Max Storage Option of 64GB

Now if we go turn the clock back just a little bit... the 3GS to the 4...

hell with it, too much to list go here: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/iphone-faq/differences-between-iphone-4-iphone-3gs.html

Last edited:

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Eh I'd put

iPhone -10
iPhone 3G-9.5
iPhone 3GS-10
iPhone 4-3
iPhone 4S -9

iPhone 4 was **** with a terrible yellowed display and the worst *cell phone* I've ever used in my life.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Plus, you call it "the phone of 2011," yet give it a 7.5/10?

After reading it again and think about this statement in my review, I will admit that this is where I screwed up. What I implied and meant to say was all the upgrades make it Apple's phone for 2011.

7.5 score still stands. Thanks for the feedback everyone and I apologize for my mistake.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Who gets his feelings hurt becuase a stranger on the Internet doesn't like a phone as much as he does.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
Feelings weren't hurt it was just a ****** and inaccurate review. The best phone on the market is a 7.5? LMAO

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
It's his opinion.

What if he didn't say it was the best phone on the market? What if he thought it was mediocre? Would it then be a legit review?

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
And my opinion is he's wrong. A 7.5 is mediocre, which the 4s is NOT.:D

Thanks for proving my point. It wasn't the discrepancy between what he said and what he scored it that got you pissy, it was simply that he doesn't treat the 4s as the holy grail of phones as you do.

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
Thanks for proving my point. It wasn't the discrepancy between what he said and what he scored it that got you pissy, it was simply that he doesn't treat the 4s as the holy grail of phones as you do.

You're the one getting upset haha I just think he's wrong. You agree with the rating he gave it? So if the best phone on the market is a 10, then what phone fits that description? Please, enlighten me. :confused:

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
You're the one getting upset haha I just think he's wrong. You agree with the rating he gave it? So if the best phone on the market is a 10, then what phone fits that description? Please, enlighten me. :confused:

I don't agree with him, but I do know the concept of an opinion so I'm not butthurt and crying about it. I also realize that the best phone (or best anything) does not automatically equate to a perfect 10.

best vs perfect... They don't mean the same thing.

10/10 means perfect. Perfect means it cannot get any better, so by most rational peoples standards, there is no phone that's a 10/10 because most rational people know it can ALWAYS be better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.