Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
I have a 30g Ipod that suddenly froze, and does not respond to the volume wheel or any other button. I tried Plugging it to the computer, but the computer doesn't even recognizes any Ipod on the computer.

I admit, i had dropped my ipod a few times, but if you still see a way to help me, I thank you greatly.

Oren the Ipod dropper. :)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Try posting in iPod forum in future! But on a more helpful note have you tried hard resetting it?

You may need to try a few times, I normally struggle to get this to work for a while. If you can't get it to reset try taking off any case or cover and lay it flat on a table and do it there: I find that's easier.

mannix87

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2005
in the southeast
I noticed that my iPod 5G (60GB) has been experiencing problems ever since I upgraded to the new iTunes. same w/ my iTunes, I can't add individual files anymore, I can only add if the file is within a folder. this really sucks. I never had any problems w/ iTunes and its prior versions since 2002 except now.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Something similar happened to me. Try this if you haven't already, it did the trick for me.

Hold "menu" and the center button together at the same time (it should take about 6-10 seconds) until the Apple symbol pops up. This is a forced reset. Upon the symbol disapearing when the reset is complete you should have a normal, fully functional iPod.

BTW sweet handle, Oren...it's my real name ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.