Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jarretmitchell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Niles, MI
I have an Ipod Classic 80gb and it's been working great I had it full. I bought a new macbook and had to format it for mac use, so I now have nothing on my Ipod. I have about 25gb of music on my macbook and it is all fine. When I try and sync it or add the music manually (doesnt seem to matter) to my Ipod it is all fine until about the 20gb mark, then somewhere in that vicinity (I have tried uploading different sections to see if it was a particular file that was corrupted) Itunes will freeze. It still says its syncing, but the ipod just sits on the same song until I am forced to force quit Itunes and restore my Ipod and try again from the beginning. If I try and cancel the sync or anything I just get the spinning busy signal. Has anyone out there had this problem? Is there anything that can be done to fix this. I really love my Ipod and I would prefer not buy a new one. Thanks guys. Hope I can get some help. Ps. I am using Version 9.1.1 on my itunes and my Ipod version I believe is 1.1.2

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
Tag

having the exact same issue with an 80GB Classic. Will freeze during sync after about 200 songs or so, tried reformatting, restoring etc...just stop at a random song and stays says there forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.