Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RockstarJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2022
I am not sure if Apple updates are causing my laptop to not longer play well with a second monitor or if the newer quality of monitors doesn't allow my MacBook pro (2017) to work properly. I have spend over a year trying to get this issue fixed.

Essentially, if I have a second monitor running (needed for work) and I try to open more then 20 browsers, within a short period of time, my laptop will slow down and crash to the point that I have to physically shut down and reboot the laptop. This happens up to 3 times a day, in the middle of important Zoom meetings, etc.

It blows my mind that I paid over $2,000 for this laptop from Apple a few years ago (I bought it brand new/refurbished) and it can't handle a second screen. What a joke! Steve Jobs would have never accepted this.

Apple engineers can't figure it out. I eventually gave up and bought a desktop Mac Studio for $2,500 and will try to sell my glorified paperweight.

Reactions: matheusdipaula
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.