Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BEASTMAN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
Well, I have an insane journey in getting my iPhone jailbreaked.

I started off with firmware 1.0.1, was using independence (sP) to jailbreak it, but in the middle forgot to backup everything first (had been a month and a half since last sync) So in the middle of trying to cancel it I accidently pulled the plug messing it up to the point where it needed restoring.

After restoring it I then had 1.1.2, not knowing I couldnt use apptapp or anything else to jailbreak, so I use a guide to downgrade to 1.1.1 which takes forever between working with both my pc and mac, and apptapp works perfectly after that. But the problem then is I had no network signal at all.

I am forced to restore back to 1.1.2 and after reseting the settings I am able to use my phone app again. I try again to downgrade and have the same problem, then I downgrade again to 1.0.2 and install apptapp AND EVERYTHING WORKS!

I am afraid of updating to 1.1.1 again so am sticking here for now, but I have been messing around with apps and this is what my home screen looks like at the moment

iphonehomefl4.jpg

I want to add reflections to the dock icons, and maybe mess with some more app icons, the phone one is one I made with the use of the airport icon from osx. Am in the middle of changing my sms balloons to orange and blue as well.

Tell me what you think

BEASTMAN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
u have to download the 1.0.2 firmware file, kick ur iphone into a "need to restore" state and option+click the restore button in itunes, pick the file u downloaded and let it do its thing, when u see the error message clock itunes, then open independence or whatever the program is called to kick the iphone out of recovery mode and u have 1.0.2

Sorry typed that quick but basically u can find many guides to do it, its the same way u downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1

Thanks, just glad I got it working

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
I had the same issue you did with downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 all you needed to do to fix it was install installer from jailbreakme.com over a wifi connection and then update to 1.1.2 with the program in installer.

BEASTMAN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
and that would have fixed the no signal problem?

now you tell me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.