Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hi, not sure where to post this but today is the 3rd time that my Apple password has been changed without me knowing. I get an email saying he is the link to reset my password, I delete it, and then a couple minutes later I get alerts telling me my computer/iphone/ipad cant log into to iCloud. When i try to log it it tells me incorrect password and I have to go to apple's support page and change it. Did this every happen to someone? This is the 3rd time in like 2 weeks.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Hi, not sure where to post this but today is the 3rd time that my Apple password has been changed without me knowing. I get an email saying he is the link to reset my password, I delete it, and then a couple minutes later I get alerts telling me my computer/iphone/ipad cant log into to iCloud. When i try to log it it tells me incorrect password and I have to go to apple's support page and change it. Did this every happen to someone? This is the 3rd time in like 2 weeks.

Sounds like someone has access to your e-mail account where the reset mail is sent, and is resetting your password.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Change both your email and iTunes passwords immediately. Preferably from another computer/device, until you have thoroughly checked the current one for keyloggers.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Change both your email and iTunes passwords immediately. Preferably from another computer/device, until you have thoroughly checked the current one for keyloggers.

You need to set up two step validation for changes-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.