Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
the other day i was working on an assignment with a friend and transferred some stuff to and from her thumb drive. i removed it using the eject and they were only microsoft word files that we were working with. when she went to use it on her computer (PC), suddenly all of the files are corrupt. i don't know what model the drive is, just that it also has mp3 capabilities.

could this have been caused by my computer since it was working fine until we used it with the powerbook? if so any ideas why? i don't want to keep ruining people's files.

:confused:

thanks in advance for any help :)

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
abc123 said:
the other day i was working on an assignment with a friend and transferred some stuff to and from her thumb drive. i removed it using the eject and they were only microsoft word files that we were working with. when she went to use it on her computer (PC), suddenly all of the files are corrupt. i don't know what model the drive is, just that it also has mp3 capabilities.

could this have been caused by my computer since it was working fine until we used it with the powerbook? if so any ideas why? i don't want to keep ruining people's files.

:confused:

thanks in advance for any help :)

As long as you ejected it correctly beforehand, I don't see how this could really have happened. Are you sure that your PC friend isn't trying to open the ._ original filename -type files that OS X adds to the thumb drive? I know that I've had friends try to open these up rather than the actual .doc files to no avail.

If it's not this, I don't know what to say.

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
hi

this happend to me a lot at uni just go to a wındows pc and get ur data off and reformat that normally solves ıt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.