Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookiemonster89

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
I just got my third Saddle Brown Case by Apple. The first one had a line in the leather and wasn't completly straight. The second one had a bubble in the leather right above the sleep wake button. Today the third one arrived. Please look at the picture attached. There you can see a darker part in the upper right hand corner. Would you say this is also a defect or is this normal for leather and just keep this one know?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6,441

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I just got my third Saddle Brown Case by Apple. The first one had a line in the leather and wasn't completly straight. The second one had a bubble in the leather right above the sleep wake button. Today the third one arrived. Please look at the picture attached. There you can see a darker part in the upper right hand corner. Would you say this is also a defect or is this normal for leather and just keep this one know?

I'd return that. I wouldn't call that "natural"

jhnpennington

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
And here was me looking forward to receiving my Saddle Brown case. Starting to be a bit nervous about it now.

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011

Did any of yours have creases in the leather that made dark lines on the bottom 2 corners where the leather was being wrapped around?

My new saddle brown does. Will try to post a picture later

My Olive brown last year didn't have it, not sure if I can be bothered with a return...

cookiemonster89

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Did any of yours have creases in the leather that made dark lines on the bottom 2 corners where the leather was being wrapped around?

My new saddle brown does. Will try to post a picture later

My Olive brown last year didn't have it, not sure if I can be bothered with a return...

Yes my second one did.

Apple won't send a new case until they get the old one back. I now ordered a new case and keep the other one until the new one arrives. Then I have two cases to compare between. They told me I can send the case back which I don't want to keep. Let's see what happens.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

I see a thick diagonal line in the upper right corner. Return.

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
I have this & I don't like it. To picture the color think of a football; it's kind of orangey ~. Also, I have the creases others have mentioned on this thread.

It looks good on the White iPhone btw. I'll post pictures if anyone wants some.

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
I picked up a Saddle Brown case for my Space Grey 6 plus from a nearby Apple store the other day and while it's a nice case I'm not sold on the color combination yet. Reading through these comments I must have gotten lucky as mine didn't have any major noticeable imperfections, but having said that remember these are natural leather and there is bound to be quite a bit of variation. I look at it as each case is unique and has it's own character.

Also for those complaining about the new packaging I'm not sure about others but mine was not sealed at all. The inner tray just slid right out. Did you guys get sealed packages?

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Are your 6S leather cases slippery? My 6 leather case had a good amount of grip but my new 6S brown case is very slippery. Wondering if I got a bad case or if Apple's new leather cases have less grip than thats year's.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Are your 6S leather cases slippery? My 6 leather case had a good amount of grip but my new 6S brown case is very slippery. Wondering if I got a bad case or if Apple's new leather cases have less grip than thats year's.

My saddle brown case is definitely more slippery than my black leather from last year - the power button is also much stiffer and harder to press, thinking about swapping for another case. Color looks so mint on the silver phone however.

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Have a saddle brown and it's definitely slippery in comp- but def feels more durable.

I'm pretty sure the grip will come with use. I have had the midnight blue for almost a year and it's basically black and quite boring so the saddle brown is awesome:)

Amaze

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
What an awesome case! I have been lusting for this color since the 5S cases. It is near the brown 5S case but more smoother and "shinier". I think this has the real leather look that the previous lack.

It has already showing some wear so bear in mind it forms patina real quickly! But that is what I am hoping for :)

DSCF2494.jpg
DSCF2495.jpg
DSCF2496.jpg

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I think it would look better on a white phone but I also ordered this for my space gray.

Not sure if I will stick with it but i am a sucker for brown leather.

Reactions: ghsDUDE

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
I hate to go off topic but… how would you clean this case?

I got a black Apple Leather Case for my iPhone 6 Plus 3 months ago. The back had 3 serious scratches & the leather scent was so strong you can still smell it a few inches away from you.

I got it replaced and then now after just a few months of owning, it got this greasy feeling. Probably got it from the placemat on the dinner table. I tried cleaning with a microfiber cloth with very slight hint of water but some color was rubbing onto the cloth so I stopped the act.

Any ideas? I'm planning on getting this color.

Amaze

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
I hate to go off topic but… how would you clean this case?

I got a black Apple Leather Case for my iPhone 6 Plus 3 months ago. The back had 3 serious scratches & the leather scent was so strong you can still smell it a few inches away from you.

I got it replaced and then now after just a few months of owning, it got this greasy feeling. Probably got it from the placemat on the dinner table. I tried cleaning with a microfiber cloth with very slight hint of water but some color was rubbing onto the cloth so I stopped the act.

Any ideas? I'm planning on getting this color.

I just use baby wipes now and then. If it gets dirty I clean it immediatly so the dirt will not "suck in" the leather. Other than that it is pretty care free for me. I do avoid putting the phone on dirty surfaces mostly..

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I'm jealous of those of you that got a nice looking case. Mine finally came today and has three lines going across it. I guess I'll return and wait again for a new one.

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Love that nice crispy looking brown your case is developing I'm still working on mine after 2 days- I may need to wear darker pants or something lol.

Does yours by any chain have less leathery bumps and more smoothness on the middle of the case near the logo?

Reactions: MacGurl111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.