Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macktheknife

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2002
Again, I don't know whether Apple will introduce a G5 this July, but I will say that with such aggressive rebates being offered, something major is on the horizon. Of course, clearing inventory is definitely a rationale, since sales of Apple's professional line of products (PowerMac and PowerBook) were sluggish during the first quarter of 2002 as CFO Fred Anderson reported during Apple's 1Q02 earnings conference call.

Nevertheless, my bet is on something really big for MWNY. The rack server (to be introduced this Tuesday) may or may not sport a G4 processor (since I have no idea whether it matches up to other servers in processing power), and if it does not, what else can it be? It will definitely give an indication of what Apple has up its sleeves. Anyhow, Apple won't want to clear inventory just for the sake of energizing sales: to clear inventory so aggressively means that something else will take the G4's place.

Again, just my thoughts . . .

macktheknife

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2002
Mistake

Sorry! This was supposed to be a reply to the "G4 PowerMac Price Cut!!!" thread, not a new thread by itself. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.