Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
mmm, makes me glad that I live in North Carolina 3/4 of the year. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I hope I get this thing through an open thumb wound.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
it's a real common bacteria, it's just a crapshoot if it gets in you or not. if so, you effectively win the bacterial jackpot, and it kinda sucks for you.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Two button Apple Mice, Intel chips, water and posible life on another planet and flesh eating bacteria are we in the Twilight Zone??

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
eeeeeeehhh there's life all over the universe. little wormies and bugs and stuff. probably other species more advanced like ours too.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
2nyRiggz said:
Gezz that sound painful. So much things to look out for in this world.

i doubt you will be 'looking out' for bacteria, unless you have microscopes for eyes.

that really is pretty disgusting though, its sounds like pretty much one side of her body was removed to attempt to get rid ouf it. eeugh!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
russed said:
... that really is pretty disgusting though, its sounds like pretty much one side of her body was removed to attempt to get rid of it.

The most horrific story I have seen on a TV program recently involved a pregnant woman in a Florida hospital delivering her baby. Somehow she developed toxic shock syndrome and then flesh eating bacteria was also a problem. In order to safely deliver her baby and save the mother's life, doctors had to perform a quadruple amputation. It was utterly devastating to see.

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Spock said:
Two button Apple Mice, Intel chips, water and posible life on another planet and flesh eating bacteria are we in the Twilight Zone??

That comment doesn't fit anywhere in this topic.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Deepdale said:
The most horrific story I have seen on a TV program recently involved a pregnant woman in a Florida hospital delivering her baby. Somehow she developed toxic shock syndrome and then flesh eating bacteria was also a problem. In order to safely deliver her baby and save the mother's life, doctors had to perform a quadruple amputation. It was utterly devastating to see.

Oh man. I think flesh eating disease is the scariest thing to get in this world. Things like AIDS would seem "mild" in comparison. Absolutely horrific. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.