Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

besler3035

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
We just got a new iPod Nano today and updated it on our Windows PC, which has a USB 1.1 port. It updated fine, but when I went to eject it from iTunes, it wouldn't let me. It said that it was in use by another application. I tried ejecting from My Computer and the same message came up. The "Do Not Disconnect" message kept blinking on the Nano.

After much thought, I reset the iPod and everything was fine. But what could have caused this, especially for this to happen on the first time plugging it into our Windows machine? Could it be the USB 1.1 port or something else with the computer, or could it be the Nano? And finally, did I do the right thing by resetting the Nano?

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Sometimes you just have to fight with iPods. If you can plug it in again and everything works fine, don't worry about it.

onthat

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
my video did the same thing, I reset it twice and that didn't help, so I reinstalled the firmware and finally it disconnected...I never actually unplugged it from the computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.