Nano Menu screen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Merryman, Jul 20, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have 2 current nanos. The button to access the menu screen stopped working on both. Any suggestions.

2. macrumors 6502a

aarond12

The button to access the menu? There are three buttons on the current-gen iPod Nano: Sleep/wake, volume up, volume down. You access the menu by a two-finger pinch motion on the screen or by swiping left until you get to the menu.

If I just misunderstood your post, try restoring your iPods using iTunes. That should isolate if this is a hardware or software problem.

3. macrumors 6502

Wait, do you mean the power button isn't working? So you can't wake up the iPod?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Exactly.

5. macrumors 65816

Silly answer I know but have you made sure the lock button on the top isn't engaged?

6. macrumors 6502a

There is no lock button on the current gen Nanos. It is like the iPhone/iPod Touch.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry. I should've done my homework. It's the "sleep/wake" button that no longer works.

8. macrumors 601

ftaok

Have you confirmed that the nano works? If you plug the nano into a charger, the screen should come on. I would try to restore it to see if the sleep button comes back to life. If it doesn't, then the button is probably stuck

I saw some google stuff on fixing a sticking button. Try searching for a stuck button.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx. The nano does work when plugged into charger. I use it in my car. Problem is when it's unplugged and the screen goes to sleep...there is no way to wake it. Just seems odd that I had the same problem with 2 nanos. I'll research stuck button as you suggested.

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well after further research I found that the sleep/wake button sticking is a common problem. Unable to fix. Thankfully I purchased with Amex who credited my account without question. I'm lucky. I'll wait for the next generation. Thx to everyone that responded!!

11. macrumors 65816

Yeah oops, for some reason I thought this was a 5th gen, lol.