Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianday

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Was thinking about buying a new navy smart cover because I've never been happy with the colour of the old one. I couldn't find a comparison picture online to decide if it was worth getting. I ordered one with the black friday saving and received my new Navy Smart Cover in the mail today.

Here's a comparison

attachment.php

New Navy Smart Cover, Old Navy Smart Cover, Black Smart Cover (for reference)

Attachments

• NavySmartcover.jpg
    NavySmartcover.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,545

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
I just got the new dark grey Smart Cover it's pretty nice. Ordered a Switcheasy Coverbuddy and had to order black as they don't have one to match the dark grey.

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
The difference is night and day like mentioned, but I have the old blue and personally love it. I have not seen the new one in person though, so I may be swayed.

whynotgotovegas

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2012
Michigan
When did Apple come out with new colors? I just bought a blue one about a month ago. To anyone looking to buy a smart cover, it is the get decision ever! I also have an Incase smart feather with it, but the blues are slightly different. Could this be why?

BobaFettucini

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2009
They redid the covers back in October, I believe.

The PU covers got brighter, they dropped the orange, and added dark gray. The navy leather got a brightness update, as well, and all of the linings match the outside, along with feeling more like suede than the original microfiber lining.

I had a tan one but it got disgusting, so I tracked down an original navy the other day, so that it would match the navy switcheasy cover buddy I ordered.

While I think the new navy one looks better, I'm glad I found an original, as it's darker and won't show grime as easily, which was the problem with my tan, plus it's closer in color to the cover buddy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.