Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny31292

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
I'm looking for a simple protective sleeve to fit over my iPad which has a silicone case. Every one ive see is too snug. I'd also prefer something simple small and without zippers. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dan

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-exo-ipad.php

I have this and I love it. It is a little larger than the ipad but not so much it feels huge when it's naked. It's designed to be used WITH a case around the iPad - I got mine to use with the Apple case even though I have yet to find the Apple case. I've read that it works with the Belkin Grip Vue as well.

Currently I just slide a microfiber cloth inside with the iPad and it still has a little slack. I like the checkered look to the bottom better than the leather.

I've had 4 of these sleeve cases including the ones I've used for laptops - one of them went out the window during a car wreck on the interstate. It scuffed up the bottom of the sleeve a little bit and the hard drive didn't take the shock too well, but the LCD and everything else was AOK. Dell replaced the drive and I was off, still have the laptop and the case.

The build quality on these is way higher than the $30-40 sleeves you get at the Apple Store. You can also choose to get it without the flap and D rings but since it uses velcro I really like the flap.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpeg
    IMG_0145.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 87

danny31292

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-exo-ipad.php

I have this and I love it. It is a little larger than the ipad but not so much it feels huge when it's naked. It's designed to be used WITH a case around the iPad - I got mine to use with the Apple case even though I have yet to find the Apple case. I've read that it works with the Belkin Grip Vue as well.

Currently I just slide a microfiber cloth inside with the iPad and it still has a little slack. I like the checkered look to the bottom better than the leather.

I've had 4 of these sleeve cases including the ones I've used for laptops - one of them went out the window during a car wreck on the interstate. It scuffed up the bottom of the sleeve a little bit and the hard drive didn't take the shock too well, but the LCD and everything else was AOK. Dell replaced the drive and I was off, still have the laptop and the case.

The build quality on these is way higher than the $30-40 sleeves you get at the Apple Store. You can also choose to get it without the flap and D rings but since it uses velcro I really like the flap.

Looks really nice but 50 is a little expensive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.