Need a webpage screenshot that's taller than the screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mainstreetmark, Mar 3, 2005.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

So, for one of my projects I need a screenshot of every page of the website, but most pages are taller than my screen. How can I take page-shots, not screenshots? Printing to PDF seems to add pagebreaks.

I'd really rather avoid photoshoping screenshots together for the rest of the week.

Any ideas?

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Sorry, stitching them together is the only option I can think of... unless maybe you can set your page setup to print on something like tabloid (11x17), maybe, and try saving as PDF, opening it in Photoshop and cropping the excess white space. I'm not sure if that would work, but you could give it a shot.

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

This is a good solution, and should work. If you know the maximum size, you can create a custom page size in page setup and use that as well (say, 14x30 or something crazy like that).

4. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Um, Print, then save as PDF. That will get the full site, but it will be broken into multiple pages.

5. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

Does it really have to fit on one page? I don't think anyone would really expect you to display a "full length" webpage. If you can't view the whole webpage on the screen (the intended medium) why does it have to fit on paper that way.

If this is for school I would recomend just screen shotting the first page.

6. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

That will create what I think you are wanting. Go to Page Setup under Files. Next click Settings > Custom page size. There you be able to create a page what ever size you want. Once you create that, select it as your page size and go to printing.

7. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

:rolleyes: I thought that was pretty clear...

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

In page setup you can also set a scaling percentage. This may be useful if you will actually be printing out these files, or since you're likely to be scaling the final PDFs anyway, it may be easier that the giant page size stuff since you won't have to crop everything.

Another hint, if you have Acrobat, set up the Adobe PDF printer. I believe this may allow you to print websites without margins.

Edit: the scaling works, but forget about the lack of margins - the scaling pretty much prevents that.

9. mainstreetmark thread starter macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Yeah, making a custom page size and Saving as a PDF will work well enough.

Thanks for the help, guys.

10. lucidwayn macrumors newbie

11. lucidwayn macrumors newbie

12. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

13. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

How is this web page going to be viewed ? A browser? Print?

If it's going to be viewed with a browser and it's on a Mac just Save As > Web Archive

14. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Super Screenshot seems to do the job, without you having to download a program.

It was pretty slow for me, though. Also, I guess your sites would have to be visible on the internet at large...

Attached Files:

15. lucidwayn macrumors newbie

that's pretty handy too. I only downloaded the program cause the website was running on my local hard drive.

on a random note http://browsershots.org is really good for screen shots on different browsers but it takes a looooong time...

16. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I just realized you resurrected this thread from the long-dead?! :eek:

Oh well...It's still informative I guess :cool:

17. Commodore macrumors member

I just found this thread looking for an application that will allow you to take a screenshot below the fold. I didn't find anything but found a Firefox extension that takes webpage screenshots really well.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146