Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
So, for one of my projects I need a screenshot of every page of the website, but most pages are taller than my screen. How can I take page-shots, not screenshots? Printing to PDF seems to add pagebreaks.

I'd really rather avoid photoshoping screenshots together for the rest of the week.

Any ideas?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Sorry, stitching them together is the only option I can think of... unless maybe you can set your page setup to print on something like tabloid (11x17), maybe, and try saving as PDF, opening it in Photoshop and cropping the excess white space. I'm not sure if that would work, but you could give it a shot.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Hemingray said:
Sorry, stitching them together is the only option I can think of... unless maybe you can set your page setup to print on something like tabloid (11x17), maybe, and try saving as PDF, opening it in Photoshop and cropping the excess white space. I'm not sure if that would work, but you could give it a shot.
This is a good solution, and should work. If you know the maximum size, you can create a custom page size in page setup and use that as well (say, 14x30 or something crazy like that).

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Um, Print, then save as PDF. That will get the full site, but it will be broken into multiple pages.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Does it really have to fit on one page? I don't think anyone would really expect you to display a "full length" webpage. If you can't view the whole webpage on the screen (the intended medium) why does it have to fit on paper that way.

If this is for school I would recomend just screen shotting the first page.

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
emw said:
This is a good solution, and should work. If you know the maximum size, you can create a custom page size in page setup and use that as well (say, 14x30 or something crazy like that).

That will create what I think you are wanting. Go to Page Setup under Files. Next click Settings > Custom page size. There you be able to create a page what ever size you want. Once you create that, select it as your page size and go to printing.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
varmit said:
Um, Print, then save as PDF. That will get the full site, but it will be broken into multiple pages.

mainstreetmark said:
Printing to PDF seems to add pagebreaks. I'd really rather avoid photoshoping screenshots together for the rest of the week.

:rolleyes: I thought that was pretty clear...

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
In page setup you can also set a scaling percentage. This may be useful if you will actually be printing out these files, or since you're likely to be scaling the final PDFs anyway, it may be easier that the giant page size stuff since you won't have to crop everything.

Another hint, if you have Acrobat, set up the Adobe PDF printer. I believe this may allow you to print websites without margins.

Edit: the scaling works, but forget about the lack of margins - the scaling pretty much prevents that.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Super Screenshot seems to do the job, without you having to download a program.

It was pretty slow for me, though. Also, I guess your sites would have to be visible on the internet at large...

Attachments

• forumsmacrumorscom_p_800.jpg
    forumsmacrumorscom_p_800.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 523

lucidwayn

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
Super Screenshot seems to do the job, without you having to download a program.

It was pretty slow for me, though. Also, I guess your sites would have to be visible on the internet at large...

that's pretty handy too. I only downloaded the program cause the website was running on my local hard drive.

on a random note http://browsershots.org is really good for screen shots on different browsers but it takes a looooong time...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.