Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
I'm going to the mall after school tomorrow to pick up some new sneakers. There's two pairs that I saw last weekend and I'm torn between the two of the them. They're both Nike Shox. One pair is completely white with large, easy-to-see Shox. The other pair are a lot smaller, white, with black Shox, yet the Shox are more discreet.

I feel like the all white pair is nicer and more clean-cut looking, but possibly too plain. I feel like the white/black ones look nicer, but might look to girly because of the small, tight sizing. Anyway, here are the two pictures...

nikeshox8oy.jpg

2e_1.JPG

Pick one, and tell me why you think they're better than the other ones.

I know this thread seems a bit pointless and superficial, but I really can't decide, and my friends told me that they think they're both nice... and I just want ONE answer.

Thanks!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I don't like either but I would go with the black and white, I don't like plain sneakers.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
As a shoe fiend, if you will, I'm going to go against the grain and say get the all white ones. I've seen several shoes with the tiny shox, and I don't like any of them.

Where are you getting them from?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well I'd say get neither since the Shox don't do anything, and probably make it worse for sports. :p However, since they're obviously for fashion, I can understand why you'd want a pair. I say get the white pair with a bit of black.

The white pair look like hospital shoes. :p

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Here are some REAL sneakers here: :)

"Picture of some Chuck Taylors"

Converse were one of Nike's most profitable brands this year, obviously playing on how a lot of people think they're so anti-corporate and cool.

Add in the fact that they're obscenely overpriced and fall apart in about a month, and they start to look even worse.

NOW, if the pictures you posted were meant to be generic £5 store shoes, then carry on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.