Need app to create thumbnail page of existing website

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tace, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tace macrumors member

I have a website with lots of photos and I would like an app that can read the site's directories and create thumbnail pages for pictures. Anyone have experience with such an app that works well? Please note that I don't want to have to download all the pics locally to create the thumbnails.
    Thanks for the help.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The app would have to run on the web server if you're not going to download all the images. I don't know of one that would do it but that might help steer your looking. If you can download all the images then something like Graphic Converter would do the trick. But since you don't seem to want to download the images you'll probably need some sort of server side script to do it... so check around on sites that have PHP, CGI, Perl, that sorta stuff... but if you don't have SSH access to the server (or something of that nature) you're probably out of luck.

3. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

4. tace thread starter macrumors member

ok

If I was to download all the images to my local machine, then what would be a good app to create the thumbnail pages with relative links. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Re: ok

iPhoto, just use the export to Web page function.