Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tace

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
USA
I have a website with lots of photos and I would like an app that can read the site's directories and create thumbnail pages for pictures. Anyone have experience with such an app that works well? Please note that I don't want to have to download all the pics locally to create the thumbnails.
Thanks for the help.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
The app would have to run on the web server if you're not going to download all the images. I don't know of one that would do it but that might help steer your looking. If you can download all the images then something like Graphic Converter would do the trick. But since you don't seem to want to download the images you'll probably need some sort of server side script to do it... so check around on sites that have PHP, CGI, Perl, that sorta stuff... but if you don't have SSH access to the server (or something of that nature) you're probably out of luck.

tace

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
USA
ok

If I was to download all the images to my local machine, then what would be a good app to create the thumbnail pages with relative links. Thanks for the suggestions.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Re: ok

Originally posted by tace
If I was to download all the images to my local machine, then what would be a good app to create the thumbnail pages with relative links. Thanks for the suggestions.

iPhoto, just use the export to Web page function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.