Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Asking for a friend with late 2008 or 2009 MacBook--sorry don't have the exact model off hand. Apple Store said they no longer sell batteries for his MacBook so I recommend iFixit. Is that the best place for a replacement battery?

Thanks!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Here's one sold through Amazon
It's the same battery that you can also find at OWC.

I always recommend that you stay away from batteries offered through some asian sites. I have not ever heard of one that turned out to be good. There may be good ones, but I have never heard of any.

Reactions: Frisco

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Get the cheapest battery you can possibly find. I'm serious. Or several of them. The batteries for that model are garbage and last about as long as most third-party batteries. It's not worth replacing the factory battery unless you can find one for cheap. Anker is usually a good choice for third-party though.

ziggy29

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2014
Oregon North Coast
The Anker and Greenbox batteries seem pretty highly regarded at a lower price point. I have an Anker in mine (late 2008 Unibody) and I've been satisfied with the performance so far. Plus, they are a lot cheaper than the Apple branded batteries -- I think the GreenBox batteries are $40 and the Anker is $50 on Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.