Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff.macaddict

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Washington
I have been working at a fix to this problem, but dont know what to do. In final cut express, (1.0), all my projects have been great so far, but my latest project for some reason has a black border around the video. In full screen it translates to a roughly 1 inch border, its very annoying and simply wont be accepted by my teacher.

I am using DV stream files as my source, but in the begging I had a few .mov files, but i deleted them and replaced them with DV stream clips, because only too late i remembered about how I have had problems before, when using .mov clips, FCE would automatically put the frame around my project.

I would greatly appreciate any help. I will be watching this all night and tomorrow, so, if you need any more info on my situation, say so and I will try and tell you.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Likely a discrepency between project settings and . . .

clip settings. ie. if you set up your project as 720 x 480 pixels and drop a clip that 640 x 480 into it, the clip will be centred with a a 40 pixel black bar on either side.

If you control-click on your clip and check the 'item properties' ensure the the settings are the same as in the 'sequence properties' (control-click your sequence)

If you are using sources of different sizes, you can scale them in your canvas to fit, but at a slight loss in quality.

(I am assuming that this is the same in FCE as in FCP)

jeff.macaddict

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Washington
alas, no luck

I have checked and double checked, but the clips are all the same sizes as the project size. I dont know how to size the clips to match the others, though. Help asap? my project is due today! :eek:

EDIT: Man, its so easy to overlook things when you panic. I got it, I found how to scale the clips. Thanks for help! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.