Need Help Identifying these!!! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by TJunkers, Sep 6, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Hey everyone! First, sorry for using all caps in my headline, but this is very important. I am replicating the living room from American Psycho in 3D for a project of mine and need any info on his entertainment system. I need either the exact models, or anything close to it. Any help you can give would be great!

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 65816

gilkisson

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

4. macrumors 65816

gilkisson

You're quite welcome. Now, however, curiosity demands I ask: May I enquire as to the nature of a project which would need such an obscure detail? I mean, needing the sound system from American Psycho? That's gotta be interesting at least....

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

haha yeah, I am recreating the entire apartment in 3D using 3Ds Max for a motion graphic I am making... sounds weird I know, but I need to create everything in this apartment in detail. I found the make and model of almost everything but the entertainment system. haha Will post it when I finish!

6. macrumors regular

HA, I owned all of that Harmon Kardon stuff back in the early 80's. The cassette is, I think, a CDA-491 (I am pretty sure about the 491, not just the letters).

The smaller preamp/amp/equalizer was part of the Harmon Kardon 700 or 770 series. HK775 rings a bell for maybe the pre-amp or the stereo amp. They also had (which I owned also) a mono amp (of course I had two of them) that were essentially the stereo amp bridged.

I am embarrassed that I cannot remember the models. I know I have the original sales brochure of the lineup somewhere but after 3 moves it's in a box somewhere.

If you are still needing model numbers lemme know and I'll did up the info.

7. macrumors regular

I knew I had a pic...

Here ya go (if you still need 'em)

Attached Files:

8. macrumors 65816

Decrepit

If it helps, that's Fore! by Huey Lewis and the News in his hand.

:D

Never seen the movie that picture is from, but I owned that CD.

9. macrumors 6502

xper

Never seen that movie? I thought that was mandatory to see that movie, do it ;)