Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smileyprof

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
ok so i still can't find anything by searching for SIMBL or SafariOmniBar, but i still have an omnibar in safari. the other day when i turned my computer on and opened safari it was back to how i want it and i thought it would stay that way. after quitting and restarting safari, it was back

You need to go to your hard drive (Disk, Macintosh HD etc.) in there are 4 folders. Go in the Library folder, then application support, then SIMBL. Then plugins and delete the SafariOmnibar.bundle file. This should work

m4tik

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Re:

Remove the extension by running the following command:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/SIMBL/Plugins/SafariOmnibar.bundle
Alternatively you may download this uninstaller and run it. Note that uninstaller won't remove SIMBL Agent as you may use some other SIMBL plugin and we don't want to break them.

http://hackemist.com/SafariOmnibar/#faq

m4tik

nyc007

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
I have been having the same issues as above, not been able to find the folder on my Mac to delete Safari Omnibar.

I'm running Lion 10.7.2 and this solution worked for me! :)

(1) Quit Safari
(2) Click on Finder.
(3) Press Shift+CMD+G
(4) In the Dialog box that appears type in "/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/" without the quotes.
(5) Delete 'SafariOmnibar.bundle'

Job done.

Thanks.

BINGO. This deleted my error msg as well for omnibar. Like a fool I tried to install it not realizing that my version of lion already had it.
Thanks for this post!

baxterdefaoite

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2014
Works!!!! Thanks :d

I have been having the same issues as above, not been able to find the folder on my Mac to delete Safari Omnibar.

I'm running Lion 10.7.2 and this solution worked for me! :)

(1) Quit Safari
(2) Click on Finder.
(3) Press Shift+CMD+G
(4) In the Dialog box that appears type in "/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/" without the quotes.
(5) Delete 'SafariOmnibar.bundle'

Job done.

Thanks.

Omg. This has been the source of many fights with Google, my Mac etc. deleting programs, not sure what it was I had. At first I thought it was a trojan etc.

Really appreciate this tip. Had tried everything. Something so simple, was soooooo flipping annoying.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.