Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
I'm looking for an external LCD display for my G4 ibook (1.42GHz, 1.5GB RAM). I found this AOC monitor at office max or office depot (can never remember which one is which) for $239. I don't know a whole lot about monitors, and I don't know if this one is any good, and if so, if the price is any good. Not to mention, I'm not sure if my ibook will even work with it (I've run the screen spanning doctor, but still not sure).

http://www.aocdisplay.com/aoc/monitors_193FWk.html

Any help?

Thanks

ps- if it matters, I plan to use the display mainly for photo and audio editing, not gaming (one reason why I liked the higher resolution of this screen, 1440x900, more room for larger pictures)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It should work fine. Question: do they have one out on display? If so, can you bring in your iBook and find out for sure with the display model?

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
They do have one on display, I could try that, if they'll let me. But they're all set up to run the same looping video over and over, so I'm not sure if I can test it out or not.

EDIT: on top of that, do you know if the monitor is actually any good? I don't want to get ripped off

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'm pretty sure they'd let you if it meant a sale. Just be sure to have a VGA or DVI adapter ready (sorry, I forget the plug on the iBooks - mini VGA or mini DVI?).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.