Need help with external monitor...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vtprinz, May 23, 2006.

1. vtprinz macrumors 6502

I'm looking for an external LCD display for my G4 ibook (1.42GHz, 1.5GB RAM). I found this AOC monitor at office max or office depot (can never remember which one is which) for $239. I don't know a whole lot about monitors, and I don't know if this one is any good, and if so, if the price is any good. Not to mention, I'm not sure if my ibook will even work with it (I've run the screen spanning doctor, but still not sure).

http://www.aocdisplay.com/aoc/monitors_193FWk.html

Any help?

Thanks

ps- if it matters, I plan to use the display mainly for photo and audio editing, not gaming (one reason why I liked the higher resolution of this screen, 1440x900, more room for larger pictures)

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It should work fine. Question: do they have one out on display? If so, can you bring in your iBook and find out for sure with the display model?

3. vtprinz thread starter macrumors 6502

They do have one on display, I could try that, if they'll let me. But they're all set up to run the same looping video over and over, so I'm not sure if I can test it out or not.

EDIT: on top of that, do you know if the monitor is actually any good? I don't want to get ripped off

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm pretty sure they'd let you if it meant a sale. Just be sure to have a VGA or DVI adapter ready (sorry, I forget the plug on the iBooks - mini VGA or mini DVI?).

5. vtprinz thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

The specs do look good for that price. If you like it, buy it.