Need help with VLC app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Tom G., Sep 28, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Jun 16, 2009
    Champaign/Urbana Illinois
    I put VLC on my iPad to try it out. I followed the iPad on screen instructions to transfer videos from my iMac, but none have been transferred. Is there a step missing?

I should have transferred 4 videos with a total of about 20 MB between them, but even on the scale on the iTunes screen on my iMac it shows that nothing has been transferred. I tried syncing the iPad after putting the chosen videos into the VLC list but that didn't work either.

Could it be that the videos are in another app? I have looked in videos, gallery, and any other that I can think of, but have had no luck.

Any info would be appreciated.
  2. macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2010
    VLC is so awesome on my iMac and can't wait to use it when I get an iPad. If it can play all those .mkv, XviD files and subtitles, too, then it is a total win
  3. macrumors member

Feb 7, 2008
    Tom G. If you read the reviews on App Store, you will see that quite a few people had the same problem, myself included. I can only assume that the files are not compatible. I made sure that I see the files are transferred throguh iTunes, but they did not show up in the VLC app. I was using rmvb files.
  4. macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2009
    any more info on this one?
  5. macrumors 6502

Jan 20, 2004
    Yup, and you won't like the answer :)

It just ain't ready for prime time.