Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nigelquest

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Is there an iPad office suite that will allow me to open a document from a local network, edit that document and then save it right back to the network? Basically, the same way quickoffice works with dropbox, but with a local network.

I know I can use filebrowser to access the local network, send the file to quickoffice to edit, send it back to filebrowser and save to the network, but Im looking for a cleaner solution. Any help is appreciated.

nigelquest

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Okay. So after playing around a bit I found that opening a doc in Quickoffice from FileBrowser allows the "saveback" option when saving changes. This basically copies the document back to the network folder through filebrowser and replaces the orginal with the updated version. Im going to try this for a bit and see how it works. If anyone has a better solution that woudl be great. I wish Quickoffice would add local network support or filebrowser would add doc editing.

Is there an iPad office suite that will allow me to open a document from a local network, edit that document and then save it right back to the network? Basically, the same way quickoffice works with dropbox, but with a local network.

I know I can use filebrowser to access the local network, send the file to quickoffice to edit, send it back to filebrowser and save to the network, but Im looking for a cleaner solution. Any help is appreciated.

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
I'm using QO HD, sadly this is as good as you can get at the moment I reckon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.