Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mkuzmenko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
I hadn't seen a thread about the bands available in store, but I wanted to share that it appears most are available.

I visited my local store in Deerpark, IL and they had all colors (minus black steel bin) sport bands in stock. I asked an employee if there were any leather or Milanese available, and she needed to check in back. When she returned she offered that they had all bands but the SS Link bands for available.

Just wanted to offer that the Apple Store application on my iPhone listed not available for in store pickup, but I was able to purchase and leave the store a Large Black Leather Loop. Just ask.

BTW. Leather Loop is easily my favorite band. Expensive yes, but it's extremely comfortable and the fitment is excellent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 402

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I just picked up white and black sports bands in my local Apple store (Tampa). Already had green. I did ask about other bands and they didn't have any - yet.

Apfpilot

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
Can confirm the same for Oak Brook in IL. Sport Bands are out on the shelf for others you may have to ask.

ifarlow

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Georgia
I visited my local store in Deerpark, IL and they had all colors (minus black steel bin) sport bands in stock. I asked an employee if there were any leather or Milanese available, and she needed to check in back. When she returned she offered that they had all bands but the SS Link bands for available.

Did you see the Milanese Loop, or did you take her word for it? Looking at Apple's online store, it shows 5-6 weeks for the 42mm Milanese Loop, but only 1 day for the 38mm. Perhaps the store had the 38mm in stock, but I have a hard time believing they had the 42mm available for purchase.

Mkuzmenko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Did you see the Milanese Loop, or did you take her word for it? Looking at Apple's online store, it shows 5-6 weeks for the 42mm Milanese Loop, but only 1 day for the 38mm. Perhaps the store had the 38mm in stock, but I have a hard time believing they had the 42mm available for purchase.

I just took her word on it. I wasn't interested in the Milanese and didn't ask to see it. She initially brought out a blue leather loop, but went back to get the black.

It just seems that they don't have shelve space for the bands, or maybe to prevent theft because of the band's expense. Most likely the latter.

ifarlow

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Georgia
I noticed that there were plenty of sport bands on the shelf in my local store in Buford, GA. When I asked about others, I was told that there aren't any others in store. As for bands being kept in the back, I agree that the other bands are probably always going to be in the back based on the price, much like their computers are. Too easy to pick up and walk out otherwise.

usarioclave

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
When she returned she offered that they had all bands but the SS Link bands for available.

Whoa, I wonder if they had the modern buckle. The one store I checked near me only had sport and the leather loops and classic buckle.

jimkraz

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
I know some one in Glasgow went into the store and bought a sports band easily .

CellXor10

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Connecticut, USA
When I went three weeks ago to the store in Stamford, CT they had most Sports Bands on the shelves save for Pink and got around to talking with an employee who said they were keeping the other bands in the back and had received some on a delivery in the past day or so. I walked out with a new Classic Buckle to go along with my Blue Sports Band- and at that point I had my Black Sports Band scheduled to deliver the very next day, so I jumped from one band to three in that two day period.

I went back yesterday to the same location to pick up an iPad Air 2 leather case and noticed substantially more sports bands on the shelf, albeit still no Pink if I recall correctly. I again began talking to the employee who grabbed my iPad case about what bands they may have in the back- more Classic Buckles and they had every color variation of the Leather Loop this time around...... And this time I walked out with a Blue Leather Loop, which I'm sporting right now. And it's quickly becoming my favorite band.

Think I'm topping myself out at these four bands though. :) Until they expand to more colors for the Sport bands :cool::D

Reactions: Apples n' Stone

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Think I'm topping myself out at these four bands though. :) Until they expand to more colors for the Sport bands :cool::D

Here, here! Navy/Midnight Blue would be right up my street! Would get the loop myself; although I happen to be a 38mm user, and am not keen on the red bull effect it would have "Gives you wings"...

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Whoa, I wonder if they had the modern buckle. The one store I checked near me only had sport and the leather loops and classic buckle.

I'm betting not. They're still not available to order on the website. The OP had a 42 so there was no reason for the store employee check for them.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
I'm betting not. They're still not available to order on the website. The OP had a 42 so there was no reason for the store employee check for them.

Reminds me of my try-on; I had to correct the employee who, when I asked to try "The midnight blue modern buckle" asked me what size. But I also doubt they will be in stores for a while for the same reasons.

Betsy30

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
When you buy a band separately, do you get both sizes (short & long, I mean, not 38/42) like you do when you buy the watch?

I'm glad to hear they're in stores now. I'm thinking about getting a green sports band. I would have ordered the watch with it originally, but my husband hates that color so I don't want to be wearing it all the time in front of him. Besides, I like the space gray better than silver.

brianbrooke21

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2015
When you buy a band separately, do you get both sizes (short & long, I mean, not 38/42) like you do when you buy the watch?

I'm glad to hear they're in stores now. I'm thinking about getting a green sports band. I would have ordered the watch with it originally, but my husband hates that color so I don't want to be wearing it all the time in front of him. Besides, I like the space gray better than silver.
When you buy a band, you do get both options (Short & Long).

Reactions: Betsy30

brianbrooke21

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2015
I hadn't seen a thread about the bands available in store, but I wanted to share that it appears most are available.

Just wanted to offer that the Apple Store application on my iPhone listed not available for in store pickup, but I was able to purchase and leave the store a Large Black Leather Loop. Just ask.

BTW. Leather Loop is easily my favorite band. Expensive yes, but it's extremely comfortable and the fitment is excellent.
This is really funny; I called this store this morning and asked them about band availability. The said they only had sports bands available. Not sure why there is so much secrecy regarding these bands.

Rhcpcjg

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
I purchased a medium blue leather loop at a store as well. Best band out of all them IMHO

Mkuzmenko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
This is really funny; I called this store this morning and asked them about band availability. The said they only had sports bands available. Not sure why there is so much secrecy regarding these bands.

I honestly think that some of the employees just don't actually know themselves.

I had to specifically ask if bands, other than the sport bands on display, were in store to purchase. I walked in the store with the watch on and a couple of employees shared with me, that I was one of very few who they have seen in the store. I wonder if it's company policy not to sell customers, but let the customer ask and then purchase. Had that been Best Buy, I would have been hounded by multiple store salesmen to look at new bands and to purchase them.

jschu22

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
I wonder if they are worried about the security of them. Would be extremely easy to walk out with several hundred dollars in bands and its not like they want to station an employee there since bands aren't exactly a popular item just yet.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I wonder if they are worried about the security of them. Would be extremely easy to walk out with several hundred dollars in bands and its not like they want to station an employee there since bands aren't exactly a popular item just yet.

There are lots of items in the Apple Store that's worth way more than a $150 band. Security is not the reason, available stock is the reason you don't see more on the shelves.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
I was at the Apple Store in Somerset Mall, Troy MI on Friday. They had sport bands on the shelf, but when I asked about the leather loop, the guy thought they might have some in the back. He came back out with a Black leather loop band, which I picked up for my watch (which is arriving on Monday!). So, the OP is correct. They do have some in the back, not on the shelves. You just have to ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.