Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I need to use my backup iPhone X while my iPhone 14 Pro is being repaired by Apple. The issue is that the X doesn't have an eSIM. How do I transfer my number to my X? Do I need to get a physical SIM from T-Mobile and have them transfer the eSIM to the physical SIM?

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I need to use my backup iPhone X while my iPhone 14 Pro is being repaired by Apple. The issue is that the X doesn't have an eSIM. How do I transfer my number to my X? Do I need to get a physical SIM from T-Mobile and have them transfer the eSIM to the physical SIM?
I think so. Doesn’t your iphone X still have the SIM card in it? If it does, maybe you can just call them.

Reactions: Kendo

IphoneX9753

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2020
Yes you will need to transfer the sim back to a physical sim. I purchased a used 2nd gen SE just for this instance as it supports esim. I have the X as a wifi only device and to keep as a personal collectible to remember the drastic form change it brought.

Reactions: Kendo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.