Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
I have just landed a couple Target gift cards and since they are not to the Apple store :p, I decided that it is due time for a new Xbox 360 Game.

I am wondering if any of you have played the game Fallout 3?
I have looked up reviews on Youtube and such yet, still wonder if it is a good enough game to buy?

If there is another game that you love on the 360 platform feel free to throw it out there too!

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

-Creon

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
In the future you might want to post this in the consoles section because you will get more responses. Personally, I don't have a 360. But Fallout 3 is a very good game, as is Mirror's Edge and NBA 2K9.

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
fallout3 is great for the first days but it doesnt hold for longer for me anyway.... the environments and stuff are v cool and good atmosphere and combat is fun.... but missions are simple and not much rp really....its not like mass effect or other rp games

creon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
In the future you might want to post this in the consoles section because you will get more responses. Personally, I don't have a 360. But Fallout 3 is a very good game, as is Mirror's Edge and NBA 2K9.

Thanks, shado. I have already created a duplicate thread in the prescribed location.

Wonder if an admin could delete this thread for me?

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
If you're looking for a multiplayer game, L4D is a better choice. Fallout is still very cool... I've played through about 5 times and keep finding new areas. It's not very difficult, and can get monotonous (like Oblivion) but if you like single player games it's very good and will provide hours of distraction.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead are both great games.

I would suggest if you had a good (or better!) PC rig to play Fallout 3 on it.

Both are getting additional material, L4D with a new map pack and Fallout 3 a new area ('Steel City' [Pittsburgh])

Again Fallout is fun and you can replay a decent amount of times, but L4D is a online experience, and nothing is better than having a friend play with you 'HOLY ---- LEFT, LEFT, SHOOT, SHOOOOTTT'

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Well OP you should let us know what type of games you like.

Fallout 3 is more RPG than FPS. L4D is a great game, but it's a pure FPS. If you've played other valve titles then you should like this.

Fallout 3 is a great title. You ever play Oblivion? I don't think FO3 is for everyone, but if you know what it is about then I say go for it, good game. But definitely an RPG..

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I have seen reviews on youtube and such for this game...looks kinda cool.
Do you have the game?

Yes, I do, but I have the PC version. Main difference is higher max resolution and quick commands (which Xbox 360 users don't really need).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.