Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stark93

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but I cant seem to find anything. Also, if there is a thread like this on here, Sorry. I did not find one.

My issue is that when I am watching Netflix on my Apple TV 2, it just stops as if I pressed the menu button to go back. It does this about every 10 minutes. I have resat my Apple TV, I have restarted it, I have even restored it through iTunes. I don't know what else to do? I saw on one website that changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, Googles public DNS can solve the issue, but that didn't help at all. Also my Apple TV is up-to-date. This all just randomly started about a week ago. December 27, 2012 to be exact. Apple's support forums are filled with this same issue, but there are no fixes, and hardly any suggestions. It's very frustrating! :mad:

If anyone has any ideas about how to solve this issue I am ALL ears! :)

danbeckemeyer

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Happens to me but much less frequently. Netflix has been having problems on their end though, so I imagine that it's related to that and not the AppleTV.

stark93

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I hope so! I'll try to contact them to see what's up later this evening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.